Sr Logistics Business Partner - IRLApply Now Job ID: R0000066088 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. So we’re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role in Indirect and Reverse Logistics means managing the inbound throughput and placement of the indirect materials that are required to operate the stores as well as managing the reverse logistics of retail and indirect goods including guest returns.
As a Sr. Logistics Business Partner you are responsible for supporting Target’s IRL network by using data, analytics and process improvement techniques to deliver short and long-term operational excellence. This role is also responsible for supporting a holistic transportation strategy through supplier partnerships, 3PL collaboration, an understanding of Target’s domestic dedicated fleet, and influencing sustainable processes that lead to an efficient use of Target’s assets. They will work in partnership with supply chain teams to influence the IRL network by anticipating future business needs, identifying opportunities for innovation and improvement, and supporting strategies to improve efficiencies by optimizing performance and expense. This role is responsible for influencing supply chain strategy, ensuring sufficient capacity for throughput and storage in the network and improve operating efficiencies both within 4 walls of distribution center and across the network. Team Members in this role provide analytical thought and data as they collaborate with stake holders across product, technology and business teams to transform Target’s Supply chain. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Understand the unique departments, job functions, processes and performance expectations for all IRL warehouses types and how they impact operational process and quality needs.
- Support new processes and metrics for tracking success within the IRL transportation space
- Partner with transportation operational teams and suppliers
- Sustain all field and transportation operational team inquiries and questions and, drive effective working partnerships with 3PL’s, suppliers, HQ, and field based teams.
- Use quantitative analysis, statistics and historical data trends to recommend optimal short and long-term process improvements.
- Monitor KPI trends to ensure most recent data and maintain data integrity.
- Maintain partnerships between operational teams and suppliers
- Provide clear communication and direction to cross functional teams and key partners to connect to shared vision, strategy and values
- Help support the team through IRL transformation and future initiatives
- Collaborate with suppliers, vendors, 3PL’s, and key teams within the IRL network
- Support continuous improvement opportunities within the indirect and reverse logistics tying back to our global supply chain vision
- Support execution of future IRL initiatives
- 4 year degree
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in operational roles
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong reasoning, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Strong ability to plan, manage, and prioritize time/tasks effectively.
- Self-motivated and demonstrates initiative; demonstrates ability to work independently.
- Ability to develop relationships, both internally and externally, and work in a team environment.
- Advanced knowledge of PC Windows based applications (Excel and Word) required.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture