Sr. Manager, Business Planning, RoundelApply Now Job ID: R0000067391 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Fueling the continued success of one of the world’s most beloved and recognized brands is a distinctly capable, creative and innovative Marketing organization. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves in connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target. We study our guests to discover new needs and insights, and then craft every interaction to build brand love and our business. We are market experts who insist on a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, guest segments and behaviors, strategies and tactics, overcoming obstacles and measuring success. Our commitment to partnering both internally and with external agencies, media and ad tech companies gives us a wide range of capabilities, from award-winning creative work to exciting and performance-based marketing. Leveraging our collective assets and fostering a healthy, supportive and open team culture, we deliver a holistically gratifying experience that guests can only get at Target.
Roundel is Target’s entry into the media business, a sell-side business built on the principles of first party (people based) data, brand safe environments and proof that our marketing programs drive business results for our clients. We operate with the ethos of trust and transparency and that media works best when it works in everyone’s best interest. At the very root of that, Roundel is here to drive business growth for our clients, and redefine “value” in the industry by solving core industry challenges vs. copy current industry methods of operation. We are here to drive a key growth initiative for Target and to lead the industry to a better way of operating.
As the Sr. Manager, Business Planning, you will…
Work with Roundel leadership and enterprise partners to help establish and review key strategic priorities and translate them into actionable and quantitative plans. In this role, the strategy planning process highlights existing business goals and objectives, challenges and opportunities and makes certain that these issues are thoughtfully addressed by the plans. You will manage analyses that will provide valuable benchmarking for the business as well as timely insights to various teams in service of driving the total Roundel business in achieving the strategy through proper and consistent planning. Success in this role demands a strong strategic and analytical orientation coupled with exceptional communication skills as well as a highly developed collaborative nature.
Roundel Sr. Mgr. of Business Planning will routinely work with the business’s senior executives in setting the vision and agenda of the business and work with the day-to-day planning teams in developing a clear roadmap and meaningful KPI’s that will realize the business’s vision. It could, at times, work with the business’s clients in order to realize real business issues and develop a strategy for the business’s direction from the gathered insights. They will articulate the role of people, partners, process and tools in realizing business strategy.
This position is a key role for a growing organization, reporting to the leader of Strategy and Business Planning for Roundel.
- Develop strategic ideas to leverage media, publisher, digital technologies and capabilities to solve customer issues and unmet market needs in support of the Roundel strategy
- Drive insights from analysis of business, competitive landscape, and market trends to support evaluating, prioritizing and developing the strategic business roadmap
- Identify new markets, technologies, or partnerships to grow business
- Understand and align business objectives, goals and resources needed to drive the business inclusive of financial, team and talent goals
- Improve operational health by defining and aligning on KPIs to measure success
- Serve as thought leader, idea generator, and source of inspiration to larger organization
- Partner with teams to build business routines that foster an environment of support, growth, trust, collaboration, and inclusivity.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, with preferred background in marketing, entrepreneurship, finance, business, or related field (or equivalent experience).
- 7–10+ years of experience in a media, advertising or publishing roles with 3+ years in a senior business function (business, finance, advertising technology, advertising operations, product development/management) ideally within media, media publishing, digital or advertising technology
- Proven ability to apply planning, design, pilot, and sustain phases in work – through indirect influence, coaching teams and leaders at all levels, and leverages best in class tools and methodologies (LEAN, PMP, etc)
- Continuous improvement mindset with structured problem-solving skills
- Experience driving high impact, cross-functional programs with senior leaders and managing teams in cross-functional execution to meet strategic business goals
- Drive for results and manage execution: coordinate, prioritize, establish goals, and ensure timelines are met
- Ability to structure ambiguous problems, analyze complex processes, synthesize data and results, and drive toward insight and solutions
- Strong team and goal orientation with track record of success and ability to work successfully with others at all organizational levels
- Demonstrate high level of initiative and organization, with the ability to be resilient and adaptable
- Works independently with limited direction
- Willing to take risks, challenge the status quo and work under ambiguous circumstances
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture