Sr Manager Capital MarketsApply Now Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542; job id: R0000271933
job family: Treasury & Banking
schedule: Full time
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It’s how we care, grow, and win together.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, Target Finance and Accounting are transforming for the better. As so much more than a financial analyst or a behind-the-scenes number-cruncher, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You’ll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. In Finance, you’ll be an integral voice in discussions that lead to Target’s unparalleled shopping experience. Your analysis and recommendations will be directly applied to critical business decisions, from sales to merchandising and beyond. Within Finance, you’ll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space, and you’ll have a 360-degree impact—rather than on just one part of the business. You’ll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you’ll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work.
A role in Treasury means belonging to a great team of genuine, diverse, courageous and versatile people who put integrity and ethics at the heart of everything they do. Together, you’ll drive outstanding financial results by enabling and accelerating Target’s strategic execution. You’ll nurture influential partnerships with leaders who value your credibility, thanks to the quality and reliability of your insights. To teams across Target, you’ll bring your analytical rigor, creative problem-solving and sound decision-making. You’ll be an active contributor to cross-functional teams. You’ll rise to the challenge of the dynamic retail industry, bringing innovative solutions that have a direct impact on financial and operational direction-setting, merchandising and capital investments. All of your good work will help elevate and maintain Target as one of the world’s most recognized and best-loved retail brands.
As a Senior Manager, Capital Markets you will provide financial expertise to influence and support decision-making at Target. You will act as a thought partner providing strategic perspectives and supporting management’s planning and funding processes. This includes analyzing and making recommendations on a variety of capital structure projects, liability management initiatives, financing and hedging opportunities, and other strategic initiatives. It also includes interpreting financial performance to identify business risks and opportunities.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Investigates the potential impacts of strategic business initiatives and capital structure transactions
- Provides analysis and recommendations in areas such as share repurchase, cost of capital, fixed/floating exposures (i.e., interest rates, foreign exchange, commodities), derivatives, credit exposures, etc
- Creates financial models and/or analysis to facilitate debt repurchase and evaluate alternative financing structures
- Coordinates cross-functional reviews and supports new and on-going treasury-related programs and initiatives (i.e., international trade payment programs, supply chain finance, cash conversion cycle, standby LOC program)
- Partners with internal clients to review contracts with financing components to identify alternatives and mitigate risks
- Build influential working relationships with internal and external business partners
- Develops process improvements using strategic problem-solving skills
- MBA degree with strong academic performance
- 6-9 years finance and business experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit with strong analytical, decision-making, project management, planning and organizational skills
- Outstanding communication and relationship-building aptitude, with team-oriented focus
- Credible thought leader; superior strategic and leadership skills
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
already started an application?log in to continue
still have some questions?check out the careers FAQ
curious about our benefits?explore how we care
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture