Sr. Manager, Commercial Operations, RoundelApply Now Job ID: R0000067392 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Fueling the continued success of one of the world’s most beloved and recognized brands is a distinctly capable, creative and innovative Marketing organization. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves in connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target. We study our guests to discover new needs and insights, and then craft every interaction to build brand love and our business. We are market experts who insist on a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, guest segments and behaviors, strategies and tactics, overcoming obstacles and measuring success. Our commitment to partnering both internally and with external agencies, media and ad tech companies gives us a wide range of capabilities, from award-winning creative work to exciting and performance-based marketing. Leveraging our collective assets and fostering a healthy, supportive and open team culture, we deliver a holistically gratifying experience that guests can only get at Target.
A role within Roundel is an opportunity to be part of a strategic priority business for Target. Roundel is Target’s entry into the media business, a sell-side business built on the principles of first party (people based) data, brand safe environments and proof that our marketing programs drive business results for our clients. We operate with the ethos of trust and transparency and that media works best when it works in everyone’s best interest. At the very root of that, Roundel is here to drive business growth for our clients, and redefine “value” in the industry by solving core industry challenges vs. copy current industry methods of operation. We are here to drive a key growth initiative for Target and to lead the industry to a better way of operating.
As the Sr Manager, Commercial Operations you will…
Work in partnership with sales, client management and product at Roundel. Play an integral part of the Roundel Strategy and Business Planning team and responsible for monetizing a core set of products and capabilities, developing rollout strategies, commercializing the products and working hand-in-hand with product to test and pilot new features. You will help with cross-functional projects in both innovation & optimizations, grow revenue to goal through assigned products and capabilities in partnership with sales, product and client management, and drive financial and operational analysis against core media products. We are looking for a candidate with a solid media and advertising foundation, a project management skillset, and proven leadership skills.
A successful candidate will be an integral member of the Roundel Strategy and Business Planning team, specifically reporting to the leader of the commercialization team.
- Be a commercial strategist for Roundels rapidly growing media business
- Develop and analyze new monetization strategies, partnerships, go to market approaches, scaling / upsell strategies and features to increase the value proposition for advertisers
- Identify which ideas have potential and which ideas should be revised, iterated or deprioritized
- Lead competitive analysis, and incorporate this insight into developing product offerings and features we can take to market
- Synthesize feedback from customers, Sales, and Customer Success and work with Product to determine how we incorporate this feedback into the product
- Work closely with stakeholders across Sales, Marketing, Client Success, Finance, Product and Engineering to support Roundel’s product launch process
- Support analyses to recommend optimal approach for go-to-market launch by market, including account segmentation, launch pricing, sales team responsibilities, service processes, incentives and customer effort reduction
- Project management for new product launch process and feature changes (e.g., clarifying responsibilities, requirements, timelines for deliverables, interdependencies)
- Develop content for regular product reviews and Sales/Customer Success training to position all products for success
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree - preferred with a quantitative focus (e.g. Economics, Information Technology, Finance, Mathematics, Engineering)
- The ideal candidate will have 5-7+ years of combined experience in media and advertising development & commercialization and in project management.
- Revenue management, new product or capabilities launch experience
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills, attention to detail and project management skills
- Experience analyzing data and driving to action
- Strong skills in analyzing data with spreadsheet software (i.e.VBL or Google Scripts), database query experience (e.g. SQL), and/or application writing (e.g., Python)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with sales-force driven business models
- Experience with scaling products
- Client service mentality and a willingness to collaborate openly with other functions
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture