Sr Manager FP&A, Corporate FinanceApply Now Job ID: FIN000A54 Date posted: 02/07/2019 Location: 0501 - HQ MN Minneapolis Downtown, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Sr Manager FP&A, Corporate Finance
Date: February 2019
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, Target Finance and Accounting are transforming for the better. As so much more than a financial analyst or a behind-the-scenes number-cruncher, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You’ll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. In Finance, you’ll be an integral voice in discussions that lead to Target’s unparalleled shopping experience. Your analysis and recommendations will be directly applied to critical business decisions, from sales to merchandising and beyond. Within Accounting, you’ll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space, and you’ll have a 360-degree impact—rather than on just one part of the business. You’ll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you’ll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work.
A role in Financial Planning & Analysis means belonging to a great team of genuine, diverse, courageous and versatile people who put integrity and ethics at the heart of everything they do. Together, you’ll drive outstanding financial results by enabling and accelerating Target’s strategic execution. You’ll nurture influential partnerships with leaders who value your credibility, thanks to the quality and reliability of your insights. To teams across Target, you’ll bring your skills for analytical rigor, creative problem-solving and sound decision-making. You’ll be an active contributor to cross-functional teams. You’ll rise to the challenge of the dynamic retail industry, bringing innovative solutions that have a direct impact on financial and operational direction-setting, merchandising and capital investments and how to best use our resources. All of your good work will help elevate and maintain Target as one of the world’s most recognized and best-loved retail brands.
As a Sr. Manager, FP&A, Corporate Financial Strategy, you will:
- Influence Target’s financial results through end to end analytics, touching all aspects of Target’s business:
- Develop category level profit and loss statements, identifying underlying trends and insights through partnership across FP&A.
- Enhance and evolve P&L accuracy and granularity while adapting to new operating models.
- Drive connections between our sales and operating teams to better understand and optimize business decisions.
- Build ad-hoc financial models, understanding sales, profit, cash flow, and changes in strategy for each of Target’s categories and operational functions.
- Integrate end to end analytics into Target’s core financial processes:
- Drive strategic conversations via quarterly P&L reviews with senior leaders (VP+) from across Target’s Merchandising, Stores, Marketing, and Supply Chain teams:
- Present P&L results annually to the CEO, CFO, Chief Merchant, and Chief Operating Officer.
- Integrate end to end P&L insights into regular FP&A routines, driving accountability and ownership while enabling improved analytics, forecasts, and plans.
- Increase business model acumen across FP&A, empowering all of FP&A to approach their work from an end to end perspective.
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- MBA Degree with strong academic performance
- 6-9 years finance and business experience
- Outstanding communication and relationship building, with team oriented focus
- Credible thought leader
- Entrepreneurial spirit and strong analytical, decision making, project management, planning and organizational skills.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture