Sr. Manager FP&A, Research & ReportingApply Now Job ID: FIN000A0U Date posted: 11/27/2018 Location: 0501 - HQ MN Minneapolis Downtown, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Sr Manager, FP&A, Research and Reporting
Date: November 2018
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, Target Finance and Accounting are transforming for the better. As so much more than a behind-the-scenes number-cruncher, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You’ll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. In Finance, you’ll be an integral voice in discussions that lead to Target’s unparalleled shopping experience. Your analysis and recommendations will be directly applied to critical business decisions, from sales to merchandising and beyond. Within Finance, you’ll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space, and you’ll have a 360-degree impact—rather than on just one part of the business. You’ll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you’ll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work.
A role on the Financial Planning and Analysis team means providing insight and guidance to support Target’s strategic growth strategies and financial decisions. You’ll deliver objective and financially-focused insights to the business owners and finance leaders. You will be a critically important resource for long-term and annual financial planning, analysis and drive cross-company initiatives.
This position manages a team of Planning Analysts responsible for creating and ensuring the integrity of both Stores and Multi-Channel Merchant related reporting, modeling, and analysis. Works with MFA leaders to manage the annual Plan, LRP and monthly forecast processes. Coordinates creation of new, and enhancement of existing tools reports and analytical tools. Expedites resolution of information integrity issues, and nurtures a retail accounting expertise center that enables critical merchant research, reporting, and organizational training.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Sr Manager, you'll take the lead as you…
- Oversee modeling and reporting required for support of Merchandising Finance processes (Plan, Forecast, Scoring, Inventory, etc.), including the upcoming roll out of Cost Accounting
- Identify, design and utilize team to build reporting and metric needs given the upcoming transition to Cost Accounting
- Work with VP, Directors and Analysts in Merchandise Finance to create key insight updates for our CEO, CFO and SVP leader updates and Quarterly releases
- Assist Merchandise Financial Analysts and Group Managers in identifying appropriate data sources and tools needed to create new merchant reporting, analysis and analytical tools.
- Participate in formal and informal training of the analysts and leaders on a wide range of topics
- Conducts financial variance analysis on merchant financial results (sales, markup, markdowns, inventory, etc.)
- Manage relationship and priorities for India teams which support Merchandise Finance
- Job duties may change at any time due to business need
- B.A/B.S degree in accounting or finance, MBA, a plus
5+ years of relevant Finance experience (including FP&A experience)
- Strong analytical, decision-making, project management and organizational skills
- Superior leadership skills with enthusiasm, initiative and a passion for results
- Experienced in collaborating across departments/business units and driving results through collaboration
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills; tailors message by audience, negotiate consequences, handle crisis, setbacks and conflicts constructively and diplomatically, and provide essential information to the right people at the right time; relationship-building aptitude
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture