Sr Manager FP&A, Strategy FinanceApply Now Job ID: R0000038555 Date posted: 08/09/2019 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Sr Manager FP&A, Strategy Finance
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, Target Finance and Accounting are transforming for the better. As so much more than a financial analyst or a behind-the-scenes number-cruncher, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You’ll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. In Finance, you’ll be an integral voice in discussions that lead to Target’s unparalleled shopping experience. Your analysis and recommendations will be directly applied to critical business decisions, from sales to merchandising and beyond. Within Accounting, you’ll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space, and you’ll have a 360-degree impact—rather than on just one part of the business. You’ll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you’ll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work.
A role in Financial Planning & Analysis means belonging to a great team of genuine, diverse, courageous and versatile people who put integrity and ethics at the heart of everything they do. Together, you’ll drive outstanding financial results by enabling and accelerating Target’s strategic execution. You’ll nurture influential partnerships with leaders who value your credibility, thanks to the quality and reliability of your insights. To teams across Target, you’ll bring your skills for analytical rigor, creative problem-solving and sound decision-making. You’ll be an active contributor to cross-functional teams. You’ll rise to the challenge of the dynamic retail industry, bringing innovative solutions that have a direct impact on financial and operational direction-setting, merchandising and capital investments and how to best use our resources. All of your good work will help elevate and maintain Target as one of the world’s most recognized and best-loved retail brands.
As the Sr. Manager – Competitive Insights, you will equip Target leadership and Finance with a broad set of competitive intelligence and benchmarking with the intention of providing external context to Target’s quarterly and annual performance. You will influence high-level Goal and LRP targets, bringing an external perspective to inform performance objectives and frame strategic conversations around street expectations, market-share opportunities, and competitive threats. Lastly, this position plays a critical role in quantifying and guiding how relative competitive performance is included in executive-level incentive compensation.
Core deliverables include:
- Executive Compensation: influence and measure Target’s executive level incentive compensation plans through partnership with HR’s Executive Compensation team
- Competitor Earnings Monitoring and Analysis: monitor, synthesize, and share quarterly competitor results, identifying trends and risk/opportunities to Target’s business model; build ad-hoc competitor financial assessments, understanding competitor sales, profit, cash flow, and changes in strategy
- Long Range Plan and Goal Setting: develop actionable competitive insights to inform Target’s LRP; partner with Enterprise Strategy and across FP&A to help articulate Target’s competitive position and drive results across the enterprise
- Market-share Monitoring and Analysis: establish the source of truth for and communicate to leadership Target’s performance relative to the addressable retail industry
- 4 year college degree in related field (accounting, business, economics or finance), MBA preferred
- 6-9 years finance and/or business experience
- Outstanding communication and relationship building, with team oriented focus
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- High level of organization, including process ownership and definition
- Demonstrated ability to present complex financial analysis in an understandable format and make recommendations based on the analysis
- Credible thought leader
- Entrepreneurial spirit and strong analytical, decision making, project management, planning and organizational skills.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture