Sr Manager FP&AApply Now Job ID: R0000150279 job family: Financial Planning & Analysis schedule: Full time Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 500 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, Target Finance and Accounting are transforming for the better. As so much more than a financial analyst or a behind-the-scenes number-cruncher, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You’ll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. In Finance, you’ll be an integral voice in discussions that lead to Target’s unparalleled shopping experience. Your analysis and recommendations will be directly applied to critical business decisions, from sales to merchandising and beyond. Within Finance, you’ll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space, and you’ll have a 360-degree impact—rather than on just one part of the business. You’ll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you’ll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work.
A role on the Financial Planning and Analysis team means providing insight and guidance to support Target’s strategic growth initiatives and financial decisions. You’ll deliver objective and financially-focused insights to the business owners and finance leaders. You will be a critically important resource for financial planning and analysis as well as operational planning and strategies.
As a Regional Finance Manager on our Stores Finance team, you will be the Finance point person for senior stores leadership, including a regional Senior Vice President and multiple Vice President level business partners, helping to guide stores through an evolving and dynamic retail environment. You will learn how Target’s strategies, from merchandising to digital fulfillment and everything in between, come to life through our stores, with safety at the forefront, and leverage your financial acumen, operational knowledge, and internal cross-functional relationships to help deliver on financial goals while ensuring our stores are supported to fuel the business and their teams. Key responsibilities include:
- Create and own monthly sales forecasts and hourly payroll plans for an entire region, ensuring financial, operational, and team objectives are strategically balanced.
- Build strong relationships with senior stores leaders to understand and assess operational wins and opportunities and share and drive key financial outcomes.
- Identify, analyze, drive, and influence regional sales, payroll, and productivity opportunities, leading with your point of view and bringing to life through partnerships with stores leaders and cross functional partners.
- Coach financial analyst through sales and payroll plans down to the store level as well as regional analytics and help guide overall development.
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- B.A/B.S degree in accounting or finance, MBA, a plus
- 6-8+ years of relevant Finance experience (including FP&A experience)
- Strong analytical, decision-making, time management and organizational skills
- Superior leadership skills with enthusiasm, initiative and a passion for results
- Experienced in collaborating across departments/business units and driving results through collaboration
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills; tailors message by audience, negotiate to balance desired outcomes, navigate setbacks and conflicts constructively and diplomatically, and provide essential information to the right people at the right time; relationship-building aptitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage deadlines and competing priorities effectively
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture