Sr Manager FP&AApply Now Job ID: R0000066579 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, Target Finance and Accounting are transforming for the better. As so much more than a financial analyst or a behind-the-scenes number-cruncher, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You’ll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. In Finance, you’ll be an integral voice in discussions that lead to Target’s unparalleled shopping experience. Your analysis and recommendations will be directly applied to critical business decisions, from sales to merchandising and beyond. Within Accounting, you’ll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space, and you’ll have a 360-degree impact—rather than on just one part of the business. You’ll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you’ll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work.
A role in Financial Planning & Analysis means belonging to a great team of genuine, diverse, courageous and versatile people who put integrity and ethics at the heart of everything they do. Together, you’ll drive outstanding financial results by enabling and accelerating Target’s strategic execution. You’ll nurture influential partnerships with leaders who value your credibility, thanks to the quality and reliability of your insights. To teams across Target, you’ll bring your skills for analytical rigor, creative problem-solving and sound decision-making. You’ll be an active contributor to cross-functional teams. You’ll rise to the challenge of the dynamic retail industry, bringing innovative solutions that have a direct impact on financial and operational direction-setting, merchandising and capital investments and how to best use our resources. All of your good work will help elevate and maintain Target as one of the world’s most recognized and best-loved retail brands.
As Sr. Manager, Service Center Finance, you’ll lead the Service Center Finance team, responsible for resource and expense planning across the service center network, business case development, and for providing financial consulting to service center leadership.
Target’s service centers represent an extremely important guest touch point with service center agents serving as the eyes and ears of Target. And your team’s analysis and insights are crucial to supporting this very important function. In addition, you will play a critical role in transforming Target’s service center resource strategy and operating model. You’ll be supported along the way to challenge your clients to drive continued performance improvements while striking the right balance with guest service. Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Lead development of annual service center plan and report on progress, identifying opportunities and influencing leaders to further optimize the expense / service equation throughout the year
- Lead year-round focus on long-range plan scenarios and opportunities. Proactively identify gaps in financial performance and drive conversations with leadership.
- Partner with key enterprise leaders to evaluate enterprise strategic decisions and associated impact(s) on Target’s service center network
- Interpret external perspective on Target (e.g., competitor results and strategies, consultant reports) into internal opportunities and areas of focus
- Partner with and influence leaders across FP&A to improve enterprise results
- Build holistic business cases for new service center initiatives, evaluating the financial implications as well as other critical elements including the risks and benefits associated with the level of service contemplated
- Lead a team of nine (seven sr. financial analysts, two sr. managers). Attract, manage, and develop seasoned finance talent
- Set priorities, remove obstacles for delivering on objectives, and ensure the team is focused on providing value-added support that helps deliver strong financial performance
- BA in Accounting or Finance, MBA preferred
- 10-15 years of prior relevant work experience
- Outstanding analytical skills & understanding of Target’s business model
- Ability to communicate and influence at senior levels
- Understanding of external perspective on Target business. Could include M&A and/or other relevant industry experience
- Outstanding project management skills
- Comfortable in white space / undefined situations
- Demonstrated leadership skills – ability to direct and influence a team, clients, and peers
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture