Sr Manager Internal AuditApply Now Job ID: FIN000A85 Date posted: 03/22/2019 Location: 0501 - HQ MN Minneapolis Downtown, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Sr Manager, Internal Audit
Date: March 2019
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, in a role in Target Finance and Accounting , you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You’ll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. In Finance, you’ll be an integral voice in discussions that lead to Target’s unparalleled shopping experience. Your analysis and recommendations will be directly applied to critical business decisions, from sales to merchandising and beyond. Within Finance, you’ll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space. You’ll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you’ll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work.
Internal Audit provides independent assurance and risk insights to and collaborates with business owners across the enterprise. You’ll use professional judgment, analytics, agile concepts and other innovations daily. You’ll understand, assess the effectiveness of and help improve risk management capabilities (e.g., processes and controls) for Target’s strategic, business and compliance objectives.
As a Senior Manager, you will manage the development and execution of Internal Audit activities, leveraging your knowledge of risk management capabilities, including identifying and assessing risks and internal controls and utilizing your subject matter expertise of Compliance, Human Resources, Third Party, and Legal risks. Managing Internal Audit activities requires coaching and developing Internal Audit team members with a high level of initiative, providing clear direction and holding others accountable, managing projects effectively, communicating with business owners and developing and maintaining strong business relationships. You will be responsible for audit plan development and prioritization for Compliance, Human Resources, Third Party, and Legal risks through understanding of Target’s strategic, business and compliance objectives as well as current and emerging internal and external risks. You will foster your personal development by remaining current with industry trends and emerging risks and gaining unique experiences supporting a meaningful career.
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- B.A/B.S degree + relevant professional certifications (e.g., CPA, CIA)
- 7-12 years of audit, risk or related business/retail experience
- Subject matter expertise in auditing and enterprise risk management concepts (e.g., risk assessment/prioritization, process & internal controls, root cause analysis)
- Demonstrate strong professional judgment, critical thinking and written/oral communication skills (e.g., persuasion, influence, conflict resolution)
- Experienced in leading, coaching and developing team members
- Experienced in leveraging data analytics in the audit lifecyle (e.g., audit plan development, risk assessment, engagement execution, reporting, findings management)
- Subject matter expertise in Compliance, Human Resources Third Party, and/or Legal risks preferred
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture