Sr Manager Logistics, Middle-Mile SourcingApply Now Job ID: R0000095469 job family: Transportation schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly re-imagining how we get the right product to the right guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. So we’re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role in Global Transportation and Logistics means you’ll focus on the efficient transportation of product from around the world into the United States. You’ll establish and develop great relationships with our carriers to ensure timely delivery to stores and guests. Additionally, you’ll be responsible for analyzing transportation freight terms and contracts that maximize speed, reliability, and cost effectiveness. By managing complex processes, logistics and carrier relationships, you’ll work to ensure we meet our guests’ demand.
As the Senior Manager of Middle Mile Sourcing, you are responsible for partnering closely with the operational business teams to source transportation capacity solutions which deliver against business requirements for accuracy, speed and cost. Responsibilities include leading carrier identification due diligence, rate negotiation and contracting by leveraging industry experience to efficiently match internal requirements with external capability. This position is responsible for leading the procurement process, developing/negotiating/monitoring supplier agreements, developing and maintaining supplier relationships, developing middle mile strategies, developing and implementing processes and procedures, managing total cost of ownership, and integrating knowledge across modes for assigned transportation spend.
- Develop short & long-term strategies using market analysis, user requirements, and company objectives for assigned transportation spend that will deliver value as measured by improvement in speed, cost and accuracy. Interface with internal customers to define and formalize requirements in order to draft Request for Quotes (RFQs), Request for Proposals (RFPs) and Request for Information (RFIs). Leads proposal evaluations, due diligence, and supplier negotiations
- Negotiates business terms and conditions and coordinate all legal terms and conditions with the appropriate corporate legal representatives.
- Monitoring and reviewing performance of implemented solution vs expectations with operational teams; supporting supplier performance management
- Serves as escalation point and stakeholder for all aspects of supplier performance management program in partnership with operations teams.
- Owning commercial aspect of multiple 3rd party supplier relationships
- Developing and executing analysis which incorporates a deep understanding of current and future network strategies and leveraging these insights to deliver value to the organization
- Leading projects as assigned and delegating responsibility to others within the team for contribution to the projects
- Working within data-driven sourcing activities and spend baselines across multiple lines of our business, helping shape and challenge the business case for specific spend initiatives.
- Building trust with key stakeholders so that where there are conflicting priorities or other issues you can ensure that all involved understand the issues and can reach smart outcomes.
- 4-year degree, MBA preferred
- Proven expertise in developing and executing procurement strategies for various modes of transportation (specifically dedicated operations)
- Proven expertise in performance management of 3rd party providers.
- Proven expertise in modeling and pricing transportation networks
- Proven ability to communicate clearly in difficult situations.
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with multiple business partners (internal and external)
- Project management experience
- Negotiations experience
- Clear communication and presentation skills
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture