Sr Manager Site MerchApply Now Job ID: R0000117245 job family: Site Merchandising schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right along with Target’s distinctive retail brand, we are constantly improving and innovating our digital shopping experience. Are you ready to excel in the fast-changing retail environment? Are you a customer service enthusiast who’s curious about the guest and can see the shopping journey through their eyes? Then you’ll have success on the Digital Strategy & Platform team, whose goal is to offer guests a seamless online shopping experience across our platforms—including Target.com and the store network’s fulfillment capabilities. Here, you’ll collaborate to create and implement the digital strategies that enrich the online experience through the right mix of personalization, simplicity and intuitiveness. Your ideas will support Target in complementing the beloved in-store shopping interaction with a convenient, reliable and instantly gratifying digital experience.
As Senior Manager, Site Merchandising, you will develop and lead teams through execution of a business-specific e-commerce experience strategy, from top to bottom of the funnel, with an eye on both driver and destination. More specific scope includes:
1. Strategic Planning and Execution. Develop cohesive digital strategies for category and mobilize team to execute against those strategies, in close partnership with Merchandising, Marketing, Creative, Product/Technology, Operations, and Item partners. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Category Strategy. Responsible for partnering with merchant leaders and beyond to develop and prioritize experiences and initiatives to best drive category goals.
• Core Site Merchandising. Implement and optimize site merchandising strategies that focus on conversion, findability, maximizing guest engagement, and frictionless shopping. Senior Managers both set the vision for the category and work with the team to operationalize that vision within their team and across multiple partner teams.
• Content Strategy. Oversee and drive the development on short and long-term content strategies, partnering with leaders across the organization to ensure alignment of overall channel strategies. Take complex business priorities and distill them into guest-centric experiences. Provide business context to creative teams for execution, ensuring content is revenue-driving, on brand, and impactful.
2. Analytics. Monitor, understand, and utilize data and key metrics from multiple and varied sources (devices and platforms, guest behavior, market trends, and competitive insights) to optimize short-term performance and to inform long-term strategies. Provide in-depth reporting and insights to partner teams, identify performance opportunities.
3. Financial Results. Responsible for delivering financial goals (sales and profit) and objectives for the category.
4. Team Leadership. Manage team of direct reports, providing development, coaching, motivation, support, and feedback. Promote and model key Target behaviors. Champion diversity and inclusion. Create an atmosphere of teamwork, collaboration, agility, attention to detail, and drive.
5. Cross-Functional Partnerships. Establish strong cross-functional and cross-channel partnerships across Target. Influence and leverage other teams within the broader organization to advance digital objectives.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
• 4 year college degree or equivalent experience
• 8+ years e-commerce experience
• Deep business acumen with an entrepreneurial, revenue-generating mindset
• Must have both strong technical acumen and a creative sensibility
• Excellent understanding of mass merchandising, retail, e-commerce and multi-channel retailing
• Demonstrated experience in strategic and cross-functional influence, planning and execution
• High level of initiative and organization, with the ability to manage ambiguity, risk, uncertainty and changing directions
• Demonstrated experience in team leadership, with a personal interest in development
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including financial and business metrics
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to varying levels of leadership
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture