Sr Manager Store SafetyApply Now Job ID: FIN000A2H Date posted: 01/03/2019 Location: 0501 - HQ MN Minneapolis Downtown, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Sr. Safety Manager, Target Stores
Date: January 2019
Serve as safety manager responsible for development and ownership of safety programs and processes for Target Stores. Ensure program compliance with regulations, reduce the risk of injuries and support a safety culture. Provide safety expertise on cross functional teams to deliver safe processes, engineering and ergonomic solutions in support of stores initiatives. Establish measures to assess and monitor impacts and performance, communicate to all levels of management, and ensure safety is incorporated into stores processes and training. Escalates and reports critical issues, compliance gaps and emerging risks for the network.
Maintains safety subject matter expertise, credentials and engages industry resources as appropriate. Provides compliance support to store teams in the event of serious injuries and serves as a representative of Target Corporation in OSHA related events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safety Processes
- Identifies innovative solutions and project requirements to ensure efficient, safe and compliant processes.
- Engages the participation and support from appropriate cross-pyramid business areas and senior management in development and rollout of safety programs.
- Establishes project plans, ensures time commitments are met and monitors progress and outcomes. Provides regular in-progress updates to project sponsors and senior management.
- Utilizes 6SIGMA tools as appropriate to identify safety solutions to achieve project goals.
- Identifies necessary data and analysis requirements to measure and monitor safety outcomes.
- Establishes appropriate testing processes to ensure process changes function as expected and meet the business needs and desired outcomes.
- Solicits feedback and identifies benchmarking opportunities within the industry to identify tools, processes, systems and equipment to reduce the risk of injury.
- Compliance and regulatory matters
- Responsible for having a thorough working knowledge of Federal and State OSHA regulations.
- Develops and maintains safety processes for Target stores that are in compliance with regulations.
- Acts as a subject matter expert resource to other departments on safety related regulatory compliance issues. Assists them with specialized safety program development and implementation.
- Works closely with other Compliance partners, including Industrial
- Hygiene, Environmental, and Field Compliance Team to address team member health exposure issues that are related to safety enforcement activities.
- Partners with Learning and Development and Store Operations to ensure compliance and safety elements are incorporated into training and processes.
- Routinely analyzes injury frequency and trends through reporting and escalation processes. Identifies ways to reduce the risk of injuries or hazard exposure to mitigate compliance and brand risks.
- Develops and implements measures and reporting to assess safety outcomes and compliance expectations.
- Develops communication strategies leveraging available communication outlets to support safety culture and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree B.A./B.S.
- Industry expertise in safety (certification in safety (CSP), ergonomics or related field)
- 6-8 years business experience
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent relationship building and collaboration
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to travel as required
- 6 Sigma experience
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture