Sr. Manager Sustainability Impact Profit & LossApply Now Job ID: R0000072677 job family: Responsible Sourcing schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
SENIOR MANAGER SUSTAINABILITY
IMPACT PROFIT AND LOSS (P&L)
Date: February 2020
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Merchandising is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how this $70 billion retailer offers the innovative, guest-inspiring items that Target is known and loved for. Our goal is to deliver exceptional value, quality and style to elevate Target as the premier retailer in a competitive global marketplace. Through intelligent and progressive business strategies that make the most of Target’s resources and partnerships worldwide, Merchandising works across product categories to create a localized shopping experience online and in our 1800 stores. Are you a creative problem solver who loves to see your work translate into real results? Can you collaborate effectively, execute a plan efficiently and positively influence how Target chooses and presents the right product in the right place at the right price? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role in Sourcing means having a hand in developing products that have a positive impact on people and the planet. We integrate our sourcing capabilities with our propensity for quality and social responsibility to positively impact the cost and quality of our products. We care about the lives of the people who make the products Target guests love, and we’re mindful of the impact our manufacturing practices have on the environment. In Sourcing, you’ll apply your apparel and accessories and/or home goods expertise to promote and apply responsible sourcing practices while driving the success and growth of Target’s owned brands. The Sourcing team starts at the very earliest stages of product development, builds out the costing models and tracks where product stands at every step in the production cycle, from overseas shipping to our import warehouses, distribution centers and stores. And since Target is indeed a global company, you’ll be part of the team that manages global relationships in partnership with the buying team who shop for trends all over the world. Your ability to stay aware of our suppliers’ activities will help ensure compliance with responsible practices, and you’ll have influence over which manufacturers Target chooses to work with. You’ll be a close point-of-contact with Target team members in sourcing offices located in 20 countries around the globe, and you’ll support their work as liaisons among buyers, product developers and overseas partners.
As Senior Manager Sustainability Impact P&L, you will be part of the team that builds programs that address opportunities that will establish Target as an industry leader that goes beyond compliance to address key challenges relating to social and environmental issues. You will be responsible for the creation of routines, policies and tools that will enable Target to quantify the social and environmental impact of our product decisions and product creation from concept to consumer. You will play a critical role in integrating the impact P&L to Target’s financial P&L to imbed responsible purchasing practices into teams. You will utilize your expertise and ability to collaborate and influence to drive an innovative, industry-leading program that allows teams across Target to understand and track their social and environmental footprint and identify and manage risks to responsible business practices. You will build critical working partnerships across the enterprise in order to enable cross-functional collaboration identify business interdependencies and needs to influence business strategies to accelerate positive impact for people across the globe, enable sustainable business growth, be a catalyst for change and inspire others to do more.
- Design, plan and implement initiatives with broad scope using established project management principals
- Build meaningful networks of relationships with external organizations including other brands, NGOs, consultants and international organizations to position Target as an informed industry leader and progressive force for good
- Provide proactive sustainability insights to the organization to drive updates to Target’s policies and goals.
- Leverage data, analytics and reporting to provide guidance to support business decisions and inform purchasing practices.
- Build coalitions and drive scalable initiatives in collaboration with others.
- Operationalize new and emerging business strategies and capabilities
- 5-10 years of experience
- 4 year degree
- Expert knowledge of global labor, health & safety regulations, and/or environmental regulations/issues and how to quantify impacts within these areas
- Strong understanding of P&L’s inclusive of financial, environmental and social labor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate complex concepts into simple, clear communications and scenario building.
- Strong strategic and conceptual thinking with the ability to plan, organize and execute.
- Understanding of macro environment trends and curiosity of the global landscape
- Ability to analyze information to drive business decisions, manage project plans and resources.
- Strong leadership, performance and change management skills
- Respects, appreciates and is curious about differences related to working with others; committed to fostering an inclusive team
- Ability to work in a global environment
- DESIRED REQUIREMENTS:
- RS and/or policy/advocacy experience a plus
- Master’s degree
- Experience working with global teams/business partners
The exciting part of retail? It’s always changing! Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture