Sr. Manager Vendor Income OperationsApply Now Job ID: R0000084586 job family: Merchandising Process & Operations schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.Target Merchandising is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how this $70 billion retailer offers the innovative, guest-inspiring items that Target is known and loved for. Our goal is to deliver exceptional value, quality and style to elevate Target as the premier retailer in a competitive global marketplace. Through intelligent and progressive business strategies that make the most of Target’s resources and partnerships worldwide, Merchandising works across product categories to create a localized shopping experience online and in our 1800 stores. Are you a creative problem solver who loves to see your work translate into real results? Can you collaborate effectively, execute a plan efficiently and positively influence how Target chooses and presents the right product in the right place at the right price? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role with Business Partnerships & Negotiations (BP&N) means supporting Merchandising in developing the best possible deals for Target through strategic partnerships and vendor negotiations. Here, you’ll work with buyers on contract terms and vendor organizations to set strategies that get the maximum value for Target. Use your analytics expertise and strategic thinking to position Target and its vendors for the most productive and successful partnerships.
Vendor Income is a critical component of margin results, profitability and promotional effectiveness. The Sr. Manager of Vendor Income is responsible for leading a team of 10+ Vendor Income Experts on the development and implementation of Target’s Vendor Income process and strategy with limited customization to business categories. They are accountable to delivering financials results and delivering on consistent best practices across the company. The Sr. Manager of Vendor Income is a key business consultant to Merchant and Planning DMMs, Negotiations, Finance/MFA and Vendors.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive the development of scalable best practices for Vendor Income documentation and collections; limited customization and implementation across all divisions in partnership with the VI Expert team
- Provide strategic direction, coaching and development, training and workload management for the VI Expert team
- Identify hurdles to success and collaborate with the DMM and merchants in order to remove obstacles
- Partner with Product teams and Data Sciences to further develop analytical and product capabilities
- Deliver Vendor Income collections and agreement structure transformation to achieve financial results
- Lead and coach the team to:
- Synthesize best practices with deep business context, financial analytics and negotiation expertise to drive vendor specific solutions.
- Leverage strong critical thinking & communication skills to support, implement & train best practices within the vendor income process.
- Proactively identify risks and opportunities; escalate and recommend solution and action plan to DMM & BP&N, as necessary
- Negotiate with vendors to deliver financial results and drive accountability to best practices; identify obstacles and take partners to develop solutions.
- Drive accountability to best practices with merchants and vendors on vendor income and ensure accurate documentation of negotiations with vendors.
REPORTING/ WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Reports to Director, BP&N Operations
- Works in close partnership with DMMs, Buyers, Planners.
- 5+ years experience in merchandising, planning, finance or similar field preferred
- Undergraduate degree or a related field or relevant work experience
- Strong team leadership and the ability to coach, develop and inspire others
- Demonstrates courage in challenging situations
- Excellent planning, organizational and decision making skills
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute to strategic plans and priorities
- Applies intuition and experience to draw implications
- Excellent communication, influencing and leadership skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit with strong analytical, decision-making, project management, planning and organizational skills
- Previous experience leading a team
- Previous experience in a national brand business
- Previous experience developing process
- Previous negotiation experience
Core responsibilities are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture