Sr Marketing Manager
Target is an iconic, beloved and well recognized brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves on connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and love from Target. We study our guests to discover new insights, and then craft every interaction to build brand equity and enterprise sales. We are marketing experts who insist on a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, guest segments and behaviors, strategies and tactics, overcoming obstacles and measuring for continuous improvement. Leveraging our collective assets and fostering a healthy, supportive and open team culture, we deliver a holistically gratifying experience that guests can only get at Target.
A role with Target Brand & Category Marketing is an opportunity to create clear and compelling strategies and tactics that engage guests at every touchpoint. You will apply your detailed understanding of guest attitudes and behaviors to build out the industry-leading plans that achieve Target’s business objectives. You’ll drive brand equity and loyalty to increase Target’s share of shopping trips. You connect all key partners, including Guest Insights, Media Strategy, Finance, Operations and creative agencies. Your deep and broad Marketing expertise will support your assigned categories and campaigns to maximize relevance and competitive advantage. Your commitment to partnership and collaboration will rally internal and external partners across functions—from merchants to vendors to industry influencers. Here, you will be challenged to deliver the compelling, seamless and innovative work that inspires guests to choose Target.
As a Senior Marketing Manager, Brand & Category Marketing of X, you will lead X from developing the marketing strategy through management of execution. This role requires strong business acumen and strategic thinking skills along with attention to detail. You will translate business goals and guest insights into actionable and measurable marketing strategies. In your role you will manage relationships with agency and internal teams while leveraging channel expertise with partners from mass media to targeted channels. Here, your ability to bring teams together to create holistic and effective marketing plans across many disciplines will enable us to meet the guest where they are. You will shape strategic narratives to gain buy-in from marketing leaders, external and enterprise partners alike. Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
• Four-year degree required, Marketing emphasis or major preferred
• 8+ years of related work experience
• Proven track record of driving successful strategic marketing strategy and execution instrumental to enterprise success
• Curiosity and drive to deeply understand guest needs, segmentation and the business, and the ability to analyze, interpret and synthesize that data into a compelling story
• Tenacity and courage to push constantly to make the work better, learn from results and be the voice of the guest and business
• Ability to engage partners across the organization at the right times to collaboratively solve problems, while keeping them informed, engaged and involved along the way
• Strong creative and media acumen and ability to write a compelling strategy brief and assess work against a defined strategy
• Agency or marketing experience preferred
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture