Sr Mgr Corporate DevelopmentApply Now Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542; job id: R0000178559
job family: Business Development
schedule: Full time
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It’s how we care, grow, and win together.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, Target Finance and Accounting are transforming for the better. As so much more than a behind-the-scenes number-cruncher, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You’ll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. Within Finance, you’ll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space, and you’ll have a 360-degree impact—rather than on just one part of the business. You’ll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you’ll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work
A role with Corporate Development means being a part of the small but mighty team that works across the enterprise to build a proactive pipeline of merger and acquisition activity. Here, you’ll contribute to the vital work that both aligns to and informs Target’s strategic priorities. You’ll cultivate the key external partnerships and commercial relationships that expand and enhance Target’s presence. And the breadth of your work will span everything from pipeline development and deal execution to investment management and acquisition integration.
The Senior Manager, Corporate Development is responsible for evaluating and executing the company’s strategic acquisitions, investments, joint ventures, partnerships and divestitures. The Senior Manager will be a key member of the Corporate Development team and lead the financial support for the Corporate Development VP and Senior Directors. The role will also work closely with Target’s Capital Finance team to analyze store performance and identify stores that have either market share and/or expense-savings opportunities, and work with a cross-functional team to determine actions that should be taken to improve store performance.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Conduct valuation analyses and business/integration case modeling in order to provide detailed guidance regarding potential acquisitions, investments, partnerships, divestitures
- Support all aspects of executing corporate development transactions
- Support pipeline initiatives by preparing company profiles and summaries utilizing primary and secondary research materials
- Facilitate and manage acquisition and investment processes with cross-functional groups
- Research competitive information as well as key concepts and approaches with business partner(s) to raise the overall level of strategic thinking throughout the company
- Communicate analysis and make recommendations for improving performance to leadership
- Strong financial analysis and structuring skills, including discounted cash flow modeling and in-depth understanding of financial statements
- Strong track record of deal analysis and execution
- Demonstrate ability to influence team members and business partners to address complex business challenges
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills; tailors message by audience, negotiate consequences, handle crisis, setbacks and conflicts constructively and diplomatically, and provide essential information to the right people at the right time; relationship-building aptitude
- Ability to synthesize and clearly communicate complex findings to focus on the critical issues
- 5+ years of relevant Finance experience (including FP&A and/or M&A experience) with a focus on valuation using discounted cash flows
- Experience developing both high level and detailed business cases
- Ability to interpret complex information and tailor communication of results for relevance to diverse audiences
- Strong analytical, decision-making, project management and organizational skills
- Superior leadership skills, initiative and a passion for results
- Excellent communication skills
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture