Sr Mgr Store SafetyApply Now Job ID: R0000118073 job family: Risk Management schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 500 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, Target Finance and Accounting are transforming for the better. As so much more than a behind-the-scenes number-cruncher, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You’ll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. In Finance, you’ll be an integral voice in discussions that lead to Target’s unparalleled shopping experience. Your analysis and recommendations will be directly applied to critical business decisions, from sales to merchandising and beyond. Within Finance, you’ll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space, and you’ll have a 360-degree impact—rather than on just one part of the business. You’ll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you’ll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work.
As a Sr. Mgr. Stores Safety, you will develop and have ownership of safety programs and processes for Target Stores. You will be responsible to ensure programs are compliant with regulations, reduce the risk of injuries and support a safety culture. You will provide your safety expertise on cross functional teams to deliver safe processes, engineering and ergonomic solutions in support of stores initiatives. In this role, you will establish measures to assess and monitor impacts and performance, communicate to all levels of management and ensure safety is incorporated into stores processes and training. You will also escalate and report critical issues, compliance gaps and emerging risks for the network.
In this role, you will maintain safety subject matter expertise, credentials and engage industry resources as appropriate. You will be responsible to provide compliance support to store teams in the event of serious injuries and serve as a representative of Target Corporation in OSHA related events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies innovative solutions and project requirements to ensure efficient, safe and compliant processes including completion or coordination of risk assessments and development of standards.
- Engages the participation and support from appropriate cross-pyramid business areas and senior management in development and rollout of safety programs.
- Establishes project plans, ensures time commitments are met and monitors progress and outcomes. Provides regular in-progress updates to project sponsors and senior management.
- Utilizes 6SIGMA tools as appropriate to identify safety solutions to achieve project goals.
- Identifies necessary data and analysis requirements to measure and monitor safety outcomes.
- Establishes appropriate testing processes to ensure process changes function as expected and meet the business needs and desired outcomes.
- Solicits feedback and identifies benchmarking opportunities within the industry to identify tools, processes, systems and equipment to reduce the risk of injury.
Compliance and regulatory matters
- Responsible for having a thorough working knowledge of Federal and State OSHA regulations.
- Develops and maintains safety processes for Target stores that are in compliance with regulations.
- Acts as a subject matter expert resource to other departments on safety related regulatory compliance issues. Assists them with specialized safety program development and implementation.
- Works closely with other Compliance partners, including Industrial Hygiene, Environmental, and Field Compliance Team to address team member health exposure issues that are related to safety enforcement activities.
- Partners with Learning and Development and Store Operations to ensure compliance and safety elements are incorporated into training and processes.
- Routinely analyzes injury frequency and trends through reporting and escalation processes. Identifies ways to reduce the risk of injuries or hazard exposure to mitigate compliance and brand risks.
- Develops and implements monitoring activities, measures and reporting to assess safety outcomes and compliance expectations.
- Develops communication strategies leveraging available communication outlets to support safety culture and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree B.A./B.S.
- Industry expertise in safety (certification in safety (CSP), ergonomics or related field)
- 6-8 years business experience
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent relationship building and collaboration
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to travel as required
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture