Sr Operations EngineerApply Now Job ID: R0000150489 job family: Process Engineering schedule: Full time Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, Target Store Operations is continuing to transform the way it operates. Here, your work directly supports the store mission to be the guest favorite through successfully developing and communicating the processes for operations, style and experience, new structures, new operating models and new technology, and utilizing workforce management activities for our 1,800 locations nationwide. Store Operations manages and enhances the informational resources for researching and resolving operational issues, while guiding and communicating with the field team and leaders who use them. Are you a customer service enthusiast who can actively listen to many points of view and then visualize how they’ll perform when operationalized in a store? Are you happy to partner with leaders as well as field team members who are often the experts on how well a process is working? Can you creatively envision more efficient processes and how they’ll deliver a better experience for guests and team members? Do you possess the innovative mindset to question the status quo, and the confidence to work under varying degrees of ambiguity and well-informed experimentation? Then you’ll have success on one of our dynamic teams. A role with Fulfillment Operations means a big opportunity to apply your operations, supply chain and fulfillment experience to continuously improve the strategies that fuel behind-the-scenes processes like fulfillment, replenishment and inventory accuracy.
As a Sr. Operations Engineer in Store Operations, you will lead assignments or work in cross functional teams to build, maintain and apply engineered standards to design process solutions. You will work independently and support a variety of projects from inception, discovery, continuously evolving and making data-driven decisions that will enable Stores Fulfillment to achieve various strategic outcomes for existing fulfillment services, i.e. Order Pick Up, Drive Up and Ship From Store. You will apply engineering standards to identify the most desirable outcome for the guest and the team. To be successful in this role, you must have a passion for operations, logistics and supply chain, continuous improvement, and an unrelenting guest focus. In addition to focusing on flawless execution, you will have high energy, intellectual curiosity, and proven track record of delivering results. You will be great at operations, engineering and business judgement with a willingness and ability to take smart risks and fail forward. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in operations, industrial, systems, mechanical, design engineering or related discipline,
- 3+ years of work experience, preferably in an operational environment, retail, ecommerce, or supply chain
- Experience leveraging data analysis techniques and tools to inform business decisions
- Experience with engineering design using CAD (AutoCAD and/or other 3-dimensional drafting software)
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, forming trusted relationships, and influencing others
- Comfortable in an ambiguous and rapidly changing work environment with ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to advocate for and present recommendations to senior leaders
- High accountability for results working both independently and under the direction of more seasoned engineers
- Excellent listening ability with clear, concise written and verbal communication
- Desired skills include familiarity with Lean/Six Sigma concepts and tools, and a desire to work with automation equipment and/or robotic technology
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture