Sr Owned Brands Operations Manager - Essentials, Beauty, HardlinesApply Now Job ID: R0000136896 job family: Merchandising Process & Operations schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
SR. OWNED BRAND STRATEGY AND OPERATIONS MANAGER, OBS&D
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers. Within Target is the Merchandising Pyramid which is responsible for curating and providing product that meets the Company Purpose.
Within Merchandising is Owned Brand Sourcing & Development (OBS&D), a multi-national team responsible for the global sourcing of Target’s Owned Brands including Apparel, Accessories, Footwear, Home, Hardlines and Essentials/Beauty. In addition to Sourcing and Product Development, OBS&D includes Quality, Supply Planning, Responsible Sourcing, Operations and Sustainability teams. Target’s portfolio of owned brands is a key differentiator, with these brands being one of the things our guests love about the Target experience
The Business Facing Operations is a team within OBS&D focused on delivering against the Owned Brand operating model capabilities, priorities, and roadmaps at the pyramid level. A Sr. Owned Brand Strategy and Operations Manager drives creation, improvement, and implementation of those processes, while taking into account pyramid/category nuances.
As the Sr. Owned Brand Strategy and Operations Manager supporting Essentials, Beauty and Hardlines, you will
- Lead and/or drive Owned Brand and strategies/priorities improving the effectiveness of our OBS&D team.
- Aligns work to the Owned Brand Operating Model.
- Lead, drive, and support Enterprise and OBS&D DE&I goals.
- Monitors the effectiveness of current Owned Brand processes, capabilities, sub-capabilities, and tools to meet business objectives.
- Oversee the creation and development of tools and documents to support new or enhanced processes.
- Work closely Owned Brand leaders, Pyramid leaders, and stakeholders related to additional capabilities and sub-capabilities to support Owned Brand goals
- Aligns scope of work to the Operating Model Roadmap.
- Partners with OBS&D Project Managers to drive improvement across Owned Brands.
- Coordinates connectivity of capabilities into the Owned Brand Operating Model.
- Support business leaders to enable leader led change.
- In partnership with business and Pyramid leaders, identify technology gaps and needs.
- Support business leader to drive new technology/enhanced technology adoption.
- Coordinates and partners with Operation Managers to share key learnings, process updates, and support needs.
- Represent OBS&D teams to make recommendations for future process changes and enhancements based on feedback.
- Support leaders to plan, lead, and implement training as needed within the business.
- Engage the business through the values of the Business Facing Operations Team.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Four year degree or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of Merchandising, Product Development, Product Sourcing or Project Management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and comfortable communicating with all levels, including Sr. level leaders
- Respects, appreciates and is curious about differences related to working with others, and is committed moving DE&I efforts forward
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with a high sense of urgency, flexibility, initiative, and proactive planning
- Ability to work in collaborative team environment and manage relationships with team, key business partners, and leaders
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture