Sr. Procurement Operations Professional - SuppliesApply Now Job ID: R0000062481 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
PROCUREMENT OPERATIONS PROFESSIONAL – SUPPLIES PROCUREMENT
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive and beloved retail brand, the Indirect Sourcing & Procurement Center of Excellence (COE) works across the business to maximize every resource, asset and relationship. We use good data, in-depth analysis and cross-functional insights to identify and communicate best practices, elevating our sourcing and procurement activities to achieve their very highest potential.
A role with the Indirect Sourcing & Procurement Center of Excellence (IS&P COE) is a chance to positively impact several key areas of Target’s business. Your input will ensure that Target realizes the expected value from the terms of our agreements that comprise nearly a $10 billion annual spend toward innovative and competitively priced goods and services by:
- Promoting best practices across the entire company by developing deep knowledge and client relationships in each spend category
- Providing expert integrated business planning and stakeholder management for all indirect items and services
- Applying intelligent rate, demand and specification levers to source, negotiate and contract services while sustainably lowering costs
- Propelling the business with accurate and comprehensive demand forecasting, financial planning and item setup
- Changing the game for our internal online catalog end users by making the entire buying process faster and simpler
- Helping us cultivate Target’s partnerships with diverse, community-minded suppliers who are committed to economic development and job growth
As a Sr. Procurement Operations Professional team member, the primary focus will be to support Stores and be a key player in the successful implementation of supplies within our Target stores. You will be responsible for the forecast and the demand of supplies within a defined category of work in order to help get the right supplies, to the right store, at the right time. You will own and drive the demand planning process (how much is needed and when), which includes gathering multiple data points along with stakeholder (CFT) management to ensure the needed planning inputs are shared with suppliers and partner teams. In addition you will create financial awareness of forecasted spend associated with the planned demand, and foster continual improvements in demand forecasting accuracy for assigned categories. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
Specific responsibilities include developing item level, store level and aggregate demand forecasts, managing scope across multiple categories. You will lead project-level cross-functional teams to ensure indirect supply demands are identified, planned and executed in a timely, cost effective and high-quality manner. You will need to identify performance trends, opportunities for continuous improvement, develop plans to improve systemic performance in order to better accuracy of forecasts and demand inputs. Work closely with suppliers on sharing forecasted demand, capacity planning, and managing contractual compliance. Manage existing/new item accuracy and governance for items within category. Determine financial impact of forecasted units and demand allocations for projects over time. Perform financial analysis / root cause analysis on outlier spend. Forecast and minimize inventory write-offs. Negotiate mutually beneficial solutions and prioritizes involvement in decisions. Effectively present, communicate, and manage expectations regarding project business strategies, statuses, risk mitigation and key decisions. Leads work with limited direction.
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of relevant work experience
- Paralegal Certificate and/or experience in negotiating and drafting contracts
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate with partners
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills, organization, planning and time management skills
Even Better If:
- Higher level Planning SME
- Influences at a high level
- Industry Expertise (Planning & Analytics)
- Analytics and reporting (60%) and Strategy & Execution on key initiatives (40%)
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture