Sr. Product Compliance SpecialistApply Now Job ID: R0000113129 job family: Compliance schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
To match the signature style and passion of Target’s distinctive retail brand, Target Legal Affairs is a dynamic and deeply knowledgeable team of experts. Whether specializing in law, government affairs, employee relations, risk, compliance, ethics, security or food safety, we use our expertise and influence to advocate for Target, support Target’s business and mitigate risk for the company. We work with both internal and external entities on key issues that affect Target’s ability to productively, ethically and securely conduct business. Through our understanding of Target’s business models and operations, we help facilitate Target’s growth, and provide guidance that leaders rely on to make appropriate, well-informed decisions. Simultaneously, we help protect the business by applying our comprehensive understanding of risk and the law on issues that impact our brand, guests, team members, stores, distribution centers and corporate locations.
Here, you’ll enjoy working autonomously with a healthy work-life balance. Your passion for learning the business, collaborating with others and building relationships with senior leaders and key business partners that you support will be essential to tackling the ever-changing legal and risk-based challenges we face in a dynamic and fast-paced retail environment.
A role in Corporate Compliance and Ethics means providing support and managing key compliance areas for Target including stores, distribution centers and at headquarters.
As a Sr. Product Compliance Specialist you’ll provide support for the processes owned by the Product Compliance team, including, but not limited to, the daily functions of the Women, Infants, Children (WIC) program through decision making, problem solving, partnership, research, analysis, and prioritization. You will help ensure compliance with federal, state, and local government jurisdiction requirements. Help assist Management with monitoring and reporting of compliance programs and support special projects and ad-hoc analysis. Develop relationships with internal and external partners to facilitate research and program management. Demonstrate extensive problem solving, organization skills with concise & clear communication.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Associate Degree or 1-2 year’s experience in Compliance, Business Operations, Retail, Merchandising or Grocery
- Experience required for Microsoft applications: Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook and Word
- Excel experience should include using basic formulas and creating basic data models
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized, efficient, attention to detail
- Able to maintain flexibility in a changing environment and ability to prioritize
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- High sense of urgency/initiative
Principle duties and responsibilities:
Communication and Activity Management
- Receive, research and respond to inquiries, violations, and other issues from Government Agencies, Stores, and CFT members across all channels (email, MySupport, mail, etc…)
- Serve as point of contact for WIC and other compliance matters as needed
- Track inspections and other activity
- Generate metrics and reporting based on inbox activity, MySupport, inspections, violations, and other activity
- WIC product eligibility updates (by state, item eligibility, pricing changes, inventory guidelines)
- Completion of pricing surveys as required by states
- Price accuracy and labeling owner
- Research and response to inventory and transaction issues
Existing Store Re-Authorization and New Store Applications
- Managing active stores - document signing, updating MSCs and MICs
- Partner with licensing team on filling out store information for new stores
- Collecting information from core merchandising teams on newly added or deleted products in existing assortments
- Transition support
- Legally required revisions
- Works closely with, core merchandising teams, especially in Food, Compliance Teams, Suppliers, numerous support teams, and government agencies
- Reports to the Product Compliance Director
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture