Sr Product Designer, Furniture, Lighting & Wall DécorApply Now Job ID: R0000121909 job family: Creative Design schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
At the heart of one of the world’s best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable multi-cultural Owned Brand Management & Product Design organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable chic. We concept, develop, make and deliver the stylish new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and style experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market’s needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the style, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect on home style categories. Here, you’ll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
A role with the home design team means a big opportunity to start from scratch and create something truly original. Are you a design expert who can support your business by staying one step ahead of industry trends, new materials and techniques? Can you demonstrate the utmost attention to detail and create products that are unprecedented in the marketplace for their style, design and quality for the price? Then you’ll have success on our design team who owns the design and development of all Target-owned brands both in store and online. In close partnership with our merchant and sourcing counterparts, you’ll drive brand cohesion and continuity, ensuring that our products meet the merchant line plans, assortment strategies, price points and overall creative direction.
As a Sr Product Designer, you’ll be accountable for and lead Owned Brand Product Design and Development with direction from design leaders to achieve overall product design strategy and merchant objectives. You will design owned brand product for lighting, wall décor and furniture utilizing your proficiency/expertise in product design and development. You will be accountable for and lead the PD&D Design and Development Processes, which includes:
• Diligent approach to workload, maintaining good, timely communication with internal and external partners
• Drive and lead product research and design
• Being an industry expert; able to forecast category, brand, business or guest segment trends
• Globally shop markets to identify category, brand, business or guest segment trends and travel to factories for development and execution of programs
• Mentor Associate Designers and Designers and enables collaboration among the larger team
• You will be expected to drive and lead; concepts, storytelling and sustainability best practices
• Brand cohesion; partner with peers across the division to ensure continuity.
• Product designs to support merchant line plans, assortment strategies, price points and overall creative direction.
• Collaboration with technical designers and sourcing partners to identify, troubleshoot and resolve product issues.
Core responsibilities are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
• Four-year degree in Industrial Design, Fine Art, or similar area, or equivalent experience
• Minimum 8+ years of experience
• Working experience with overseas vendors to develop products within vendor range of capability to achieve both design execution and target pricing
• Experience with, but not limited to, artistic renderings, CAD models, 3D modeling (SolidWork, Keyshot, 3Ds Max or other)
• Proficiency and working experience in the Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
• High level of skill in presentation, written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
• Advanced understanding of 3D development, raw materials & product production
• Commercial sense, market knowledge, ability to research and apply market/trend information
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to successfully work in a team environment
• Ability to respond to business objectives with creative, innovative, and cost-effective design solutions
• Knowledge of product development processes
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture