Sr. Product Designer, HomeApply Now Job ID: R0000086166 job family: Creative Design schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
At the heart of one of the world’s best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Product Development & Design organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable chic. We concept, develop, make and deliver the stylish new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and style experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market’s needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the style, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Here, you’ll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
A role with the Design team means a big opportunity to start from scratch and create something truly original. Are you a design expert who can support your business by staying one step ahead of industry trends, new materials and techniques? Can you demonstrate the utmost attention to detail and create products that are unprecedented in the marketplace for their design and quality for the price? Then you’ll have success on our Design team who owns the design and development of all Target-owned brands, from apparel to home goods, and beauty to essentials. In close partnership with our merchant and sourcing counterparts, you’ll drive brand cohesion and continuity, ensuring that our products meet the merchant line plans, assortment strategies, price points and overall creative direction.
As a Sr Designer, you’ll lead Owned Brand Product Design and Development with direction from design leaders to achieve overall product design strategy, aesthetic, and business objectives. You will design collections in our Home business, with an emphasis on softgoods or textile-based products, utilizing your expertise in product design and development. You will lead the design and development processes, which include:
- Diligent approach to workload, maintaining good, timely communication with internal and external partners
- Drive and lead product research and design
- Being an industry expert; able to forecast category, brand, business or guest segment trends
- Globally shop markets to identify category, brand, business or guest segment trends and travel to factories for development and execution of programs
- Mentor and inspire Associate Designers and Designers, fostering a creative and collaborative team culture
- You will be expected to drive and lead;
- Concepts, select color stories and develop fabrics, prints, trim and graphics.
- Brand cohesion; partner with peers across the division to ensure continuity.
- Product designs to support merchant line plans, assortment strategies, price points and overall creative direction.
- Collaboration with technical designers and sourcing partners to identify, troubleshoot and resolve product issues.
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Four-year degree in Design, Fine Art, or similar area and minimum 8+ years of experience
- Computer design system skills including Illustrator and Photoshop
- Advanced understanding of textiles, garment construction/fit or raw materials & product production
- High comfort level working with color, print and pattern combined with a strong curatorial sensibility
- Commercial sense, market knowledge, ability to research and apply market/trend information
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to successfully work in a team environment
- Ability to respond to business objectives with creative, innovative, and cost-effective design solutions
- Knowledge of product development processes
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture