Sr Product Designer - Stores FulfillmentApply Now Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542; job id: R0000209443
job family: User Experience & Interface
schedule: Full time
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
At the heart of this iconic brand are our stores, serving communities and employing Team Members across all 50 states. The Stores UX Team’s mission is to provide store Team Members with digital tools that bring joy to their everyday work and empower them to provide the best customer experience in retail.
About the job
As a Senior Product Designer on the Stores Fulfillment team, you will join a community of kind and highly skilled UX designers, writers, accessibility experts and researchers. In your day to day, you will partner closely with product, process and engineering partners to design solutions that help Target stores make continued progress in efficiency gains and customer service. This includes designing solutions that allow our Team Members to prepare digital orders for Order Pickup, bring them outside to our Drive Up guests, and ship orders directly to the homes of our guests. You will have direct access to your users and you’ll know just where to find them! Take your mockups and prototypes into stores to validate your solutions and to research new opportunities to empower the team. You’ll become an expert in your area and will balance innovation with thoughtful iteration to drive great outcomes for our Team Members, our guests and our business.
You thrive at the intersection of design craft and strategy. You’re a curious person who falls in love with problems and enjoys iterating toward a solution. You’re passionate about making an impact and effectively use Team Member and data insights to set your direction. You’re not afraid to go find the answers yourself and you present work clearly and effectively to educate others and gain support. You value design that is effective, beautiful and accessible.
As a Senior Product Designer, you’ll…
- Own the full design process, from early discovery and testing to asset delivery and pixel-tweaking with engineers
- Design flows that are intuitive, elegant and provide value for our Team Members in their everyday work
- Leverage data and Team Member insights to inform and advocate for your direction
- Conduct prototype and validation testing through frequent store visits
- Conduct and participate in Team Member research (with the support of our research team)
- Actively collaborate with other designers, writers, engineers, product managers, process experts, accessibility team members, and other partners
- Utilize and contribute to a design system maintained by our team
- 4+ years’ experience of experience in UX Design, Interface Design, and interaction design.
- Experience designing native mobile experiences
- Strong visual design skills and a deep appreciation for craft
- Experience conducting user testing and basic research
- Work well independently and have the ability to successfully lead large-scale projects and initiatives involving multiple cross-functional teams
- An exceptional collaborator and influencer
- Ability to gracefully articulate and defend design decisions to peers, partners and leaders
Experience that sets you apart
- Expert knowledge of Android design standards
- Experience applying Service Design methodologies
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target’s needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location.A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that’s not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is $81,400 - $146,500. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture