Sr Product Dev Specialist - Food & BeverageApply Now Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542; job id: R0000180829
job family: Product Development
schedule: Full time
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
At the heart of one of the world’s best-loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Product Development & Design organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for delighting our guests. We concept, develop, make and deliver the great tasting new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and quality experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market’s needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the taste, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your work will have a direct and positive effect, whether on convenient meals, snacking favorites, giftables, or pantry staples. Here, you will be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
A role with Food Product Development means being on a team of engineers and food scientists who create products that truly embody the intent of Target-owned brands. Can you help ensure that our product specifications are complete and capture the critical attributes needed to uphold our quality standards? Do you love to manage and organize data to enable information sharing and drive efficiency? Can you help facilitate packaging and specification development with vendors to ensure that product commercialization so that executional excellence is achieved? Then you will have success on our talented and innovative team.
As a Sr. Product Development Specialist, you will support Product Development teams with the creation and management of product specifications. You will manage content creation and workflow with vendors and cross-functional partners to ensure timely and thorough completion of product specifications. You will assist with specifications, packaging file management, and finished product review programs as part of the product commercialization process. You will participate in cross functional team meetings to help manage and track progress across these important work streams. You will also support the technical development team by coordinating the administration of samples, providing test kitchen maintenance, support product evaluations, and product testing support. Core responsibilities include:
- Finished Product Specifications:
- Works with a cross-functional team to ensure accurate and on time completion of specifications.
- Manages content creation and workflow with vendors and internal partners
- Conducts soft proofing and data validation to ensure accuracy of packaging files and specification content
- Maintains record within product specification systems
- Supports maintenance and continuous improvement of product databases and systems
- Facilitates quality reviews
- Facilitates data collection and reporting process for product reviews
- Coordinates administration of samples, provide test kitchen support as needed
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent/ Two or four year degree or equivalent (desired)
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with limited direction and in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Is able to work effectively to manage relationships with team and key business partners/technical resources/subject matter experts to obtain accurate information to support the data validation and creation efforts
- Respects the guidelines, requirements and protocols for enduring the security and confidentiality of all product information considered proprietary
- Task and detail oriented with ability to manage multiple tasks; flexibility, independence and a high degree of initiative
- System/Technology Aptitude with basic proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture