Sr Product Guidance ResearcherApply Now Job ID: PRO00023V Date posted: 10/30/2018 Location: 0501 - HQ MN Minneapolis Downtown, Minneapolis, Minnesota
SENIOR PRODUCT GUIDANCE RESEARCHER
Other industry titles: Market Researcher, Market Insights, Consumer Insights
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
At the heart of one of the world’s best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Product Development & Design organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for delighting our guests. We concept, develop, make and deliver the great tasting new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and quality experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market’s needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the taste, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect, whether on food & beverage, home, hardlines or apparel & accessories categories. Here, you’ll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
The Product Guidance team leads strategic quantitative product & sensory research for Target’s owned brand products in support of key business needs and opportunities. Can you work cross-functionally to develop and implement the right research methodology that supports both micro and macro product requirements? Are you an expert who can lead all aspects of quantitative product research including scoping, methodology design, execution, analysis, synthesis and deliverables? Then take your place in a role in which your positive influence is felt throughout the entire product life cycle, from new product innovation and white space to ongoing product improvements and maintenance.
As a Sr. Product Guidance Researcher, you’ll provide expert guidance and recommendations to business & technical teams on product research to inform product development efforts. You’ll lead all aspects of primary quantitative research, utilizing a variety of research techniques; you’ll also manage vendor relationships, as needed. From method selection to questionnaire development & programming to analysis & reporting, you’ll be tasked with delivering the insights that give Target a competitive advantage. You’ll keep challenged by staying abreast of developments in the research field, bringing in new methods to expand Target’s repertoire. And though the role is focused heavily on Target’s Food & Beverage business, there’s opportunity to expand your influence into all areas of the store.
We’ll support you along the way with robust onboarding, as well as personal and career development, to help you grow as a strong Senior Product Guidance Researcher. The exciting part of retail? It’s always changing! Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- B.S/B.A. in Marketing/Market Research, Psychology, Statistics, Food Science/Sensory Science or related field, Master’s degree highly preferred
- Minimum 8 years experience in quantitative Consumer Research/Market Research/Sensory Science; agency experience highly preferred; experience in the Food & Bev industry preferred
- Deep knowledge of quantitative research principles and methods; working knowledge of consumer sensory testing principles desired
- Strong understanding & applied knowledge of statistical design & analysis, including advanced multivariate methods. Demonstrated ability to apply the correct statistics to research projects, and to analyze and interpret data using Excel, XLSTAT, or SAS.
- Self-starter, with a high degree of initiative; works with a sense of urgency
- Analytical thinker who can translate quantitative findings into actionable insights and recommendations
- Comfortable with ambiguity with the ability to prioritize; demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects (both small and large) and adjust to changing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively synthesize and communicate complex statistical concepts to cross functional partners.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture