Sr Product Insights Researcher - ApparelApply Now Job ID: R0000154775 job family: Market Research schedule: Full time Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542;
SR PRODUCT INSIGHTS RESEARCHER
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
At the heart of one of the world’s best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Owned Brand Product Design and Management organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for delighting our guests. We concept, develop, make and deliver the great tasting new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and quality experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market’s needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the taste, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect, whether on food & beverage, home, hardlines or apparel & accessories categories. Here, you’ll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
The product insights team is the insights arm to bring owned brands to life by defining and developing brands, products, and packaging that appeal to the needs of the consumer targets. Leveraging insights to create disproportionate value and differentiation for Target owned brands. The team is in service of unlocking possibilities and identifying ways to build differentiated owned brands, products, and packaging to inform brand, product, and packaging development all the way through activation. Do you have a mastery in imagining the future and challenging the status quo? Have a strong growth mindset, focused on learning and curiosity? Have compelling and persuasive oral and written communication skills? Are you excellent at multi-tasking, paying attention to details, and collaborating with others to drive innovation? Do you have experience conducting research to bring brands to life? Then take your place in a role in which your positive influence is felt throughout the entire owned brand, from upfront innovation, brand development all the way through to product and packaging activation.
As the Sr Product Insights Researcher, you will be a strategic thought partner and provide expert guidance in leading, conducting, synthesizing, and reporting on qualitative or design research projects – including, but not limited to: ethnographies, shop-a-longs, store intercepts, interviews, focus groups, immersions, immersions, digital, and product usage tests. You will be leading synthesis and analysis of research findings – activating the insights gleaned through observations and interviews and identifying key opportunity and whitespace areas. You will serve as the insights project leader to bring the owned brand to life across all areas (brand management, design, engineering, creative, and packaging) throughout the research project life cycle – recommending appropriate methodology, scoping, and coordinating the entire process, facilitating in-field research and post-research synthesis through analysis. Upon completion, you will conduct a thorough analysis of data to generate insights and recommendations aligned with corporate strategic directions. Delivers findings to the team in a compelling, narrative way – either via an executive report (including supplementary data, photos, and videos) or presentation. In this role, you will serve as an advocate for the guest by embedding Insights at the core of owned brand product design and development. Serve as a catalyst to put the guest at the center of our owned brands, products, and packaging.
- 4 year degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Market/Consumer/Design Research
- Expertise in qualitative and design thinking research methods and their application to innovation, brand, product, and packaging development
- In-depth experience in how to leverage both quantitative and qualitative research
- Mastery in imagining the future and challenging the status quo. Asking questions and looking for the story behind the data. Seeking new experiences. Realizing the external landscape.
- Strong growth mindset, focused on learning and curiosity.
- Compelling, persuasive oral and written communication skills, with experience communicating complex concepts to cross functional partners
- Mastery in storytelling to compel action in a manner that fits the audience to push for decisions that are right for the business, people, and planet
- Experience envisioning and leading end-to-end research, from scoping to planning, executing and reporting
- Comfortable and strong ability in partnering with leaders/teams to build their confidence in making decisions in white spaces and ambiguous areas that are right for the business, people, and planet.
- In-depth expertise in how to leverage both quantitative and qualitative research methods to address various business and research objectives
- Expert in starting with a blank slate, identifying the problem to solve, conducting research/gathering research and identifying themes and turning those into actionable insights/potential solutions and telling it in a compelling story
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects (both small and large) at various stages in the project life cycle and adjust to changing priorities
- Excellent strategic and ideation facilitation and group collaboration skills
- Proven ability to build strong cross functional and client relationships, with empathy as a key component
- Passion for coaching others – both directly and indirectly – and developing team capabilities
- Experience with experimental design research and seeks out innovative research methodologies
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture