Sr. Product Insights Researcher, Beauty & EssentialsApply Now Job ID: PRO00024U Date posted: 02/01/2019 Location: 0501 - HQ MN Minneapolis Downtown, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Sr. Sensory Scientist
Other industry titles: Sr. Product Insights Researcher
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
At the heart of one of the world’s best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Product Development & Design organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for delighting our guests. We concept, develop, make and deliver great new products that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and quality experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market’s needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the performance, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect, whether on personal care, beauty, or household essentials categories. Here, you’ll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
The Product Insightsteam leads strategic qualitative, quantitative & sensory research for Target’s owned brand products in support of key business needs and opportunities. Can you work cross-functionally to develop and implement the right research methodology that supports product requirements? Are you an expert who can lead all aspects of quantitative sensory research including scoping, methodology design, execution, analysis, synthesis and deliverables? Then take your place in a role in which your positive influence is felt throughout the entire product life cycle, from new product innovation and white space to ongoing product improvements and maintenance.
As a Sr. Product Guidance Researcher, you’ll provide expert guidance and recommendations to business & technical teams on sensory research to inform product development efforts.You’ll lead all aspects of sensory research, utilizing a variety of research techniques.From method selection to questionnaire development & programming to execution, analysis & reporting, you’ll be tasked with delivering the high quality insights that give Target a competitive advantage.You’ll keep challenged by staying abreast of developments in the sensory and consumer research field, bringing in new methods to expand Target’s repertoire. And though the role is focused heavily on Target’s Essentials & Beauty businesses, there’s opportunity to expand your influence into all areas of the store.
We’ll support you along the way with robust onboarding, as well as personal and career development, to help you grow as a strong Senior Product Insights Researcher. The exciting part of retail? It’s always changing! Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- B.S/B.A. in Food Science/Sensory Science, Marketing/Market Research, Psychology, Statistics, or related field, Master’s degree highly preferred
- Minimum 8 years experience in Sensory Science/Consumer Research/Market Research; Sensory Science experience with non-food products required (personal care, beauty products, household and/or paper goods)
- Deep knowledge of quantitative sensory and consumer research principles and methods; working knowledge of qualitative techniques.Demonstrated application of sensory science and consumer research to influence business decisions.
- Strong understanding & applied knowledge of statistical design & analysis, including advanced multivariate methods. Experience with broader quantitative research techniques (such as TURF, conjoint, Max-Diff) desired.Demonstrated ability to apply the correct statistics to sensory & consumer research projects, and to analyze and interpret data using Excel, XLSTAT, or SAS.
- Self-starter, with a high degree of initiative; works with a sense of urgency
- Critical & analytical thinker who can translate quantitative findings into actionable insights and recommendations
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize; track record of success in dealing effectively with complex projects; comfortable with ambiguity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively synthesize and communicate complex statistical and sensory concepts to cross functional partners.
Join a team that is passionate about the products we develop to inspire and delight our Target guests. Strategically manage Product Guidance projects for Target’s Owned Brand Food & Essentials products in support of key business needs. Consult with cross functional teams on research needs; recommend appropriate research methodology; and lead all aspects of research, including scoping, methodology design, recruiting, execution, synthesis & reporting.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture