Sr Product Insights ResearcherApply Now Job ID: R0000061658 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
SR PRODUCT INSIGHTS RESEARCHER (60459)
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
At the heart of one of the world’s best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Product Development & Design organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for delighting our guests. We concept, develop, make and deliver the great tasting new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and quality experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market’s needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the taste, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect, whether on food & beverage, home, hardlines or apparel & accessories categories. Here, you’ll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
The Product Insights team leads strategic qualitative and exploratory research for Target’s owned brand products in support of key business needs and opportunities. Do you want to work cross-functionally to plan and execute design research that supports both micro and macro product requirements? Are you excellent at multi-tasking, paying attention to details, and collaborating with others to drive innovation? Then take your place in a role in which your positive influence is felt throughout the entire product life cycle, from new product innovation and white space to ongoing product improvements and maintenance.
As the Sr Product Insights Researcher, you will be a strategic thought partner and provide expert guidance in leading, conducting, synthesizing, and reporting on qualitative or design research projects – including, but not limited to: ethnographies, shop-a-longs, store intercepts, interviews, focus groups, immersions, immersions, digital, and product usage tests. You will be leading synthesis and analysis of research findings – activating the insights gleaned through observations and interviews and identifying key opportunity and whitespace areas. You will serve as the project leader for product teams (design, engineering) throughout the research project life cycle – recommending appropriate methodology, scoping, and coordinating the entire process, facilitating in-field research and post-research synthesis through analysis. Upon completion, you will conduct a thorough analysis of data to generate insights and recommendations aligned with corporate strategic directions. Delivers findings to the team in a compelling, storytelling way – either via an executive report (including supplementary data, photos, and videos) or presentation. In this role, you will serve as an advocate for the guest by driving research at the core of product development. Serve as a catalyst to educate, accelerate, and activate product design and development to be masters of guest needs and apply that into their product designs.
- 4 year degree in MS in Anthropology, Social Science, Design Research, Psychology or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Market/Consumer/Design Research
- Expertise in qualitative and design thinking research methods and their application to product development, with expertise in at least one of the following areas: consumer package goods, apparel, hardlines or food.
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent strategic and ideation facilitation and group collaboration skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to cross functional partners.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; comfortable speaking to a diverse group of people and leading conversations to discover research insights.
- Ability to push yourself and your project team out of their comfort zone in a healthy manner.
- Expert observational, analysis and synthesis skills with proven results
- A strong ability to tell compelling stories from data.
- Able to give guidance and consult on smaller projects
- Passion for coaching others – both directly indirectly – and developing team capabilities
- Comfortable within ambiguity with the ability to prioritize; demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects(both small and large) and adjust to changing priorities
- Strong project management skills – experience managing multiple projects at various stages in the project life cycle.
- Experience managing online panels and seeks out innovative research methodologies
- Strong project management skills
- Proficient in Powerpoint, Outlook, Word and other MS Office software and possibly video editing programs
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture