Sr Professional Procurement Operations, Consultant and Contract Management
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive and beloved retail brand, the Indirect Sourcing & Procurement Center of Excellence (COE) works across the business to maximize every resource, asset and relationship. We use good data, in-depth analysis and cross-functional insights to identify and communicate best practices, elevating our sourcing and procurement activities to achieve their very highest potential.
A role with the Indirect Sourcing & Procurement Center of Excellence (IS&P COE) is a chance to positively impact several key areas of Target’s business. Your input will ensure that Target realizes the expected value from the terms of our agreements that comprise nearly a $10 billion annual spend toward innovative and competitively priced goods and services by:
- Promoting best practices across the entire company by developing deep knowledge and client relationships in each spend category
- Providing expert integrated business planning and stakeholder management for all indirect items and services
- Applying intelligent rate, demand and specification levers to source, negotiate and contract services while sustainably lowering costs
- Propelling the business with accurate and comprehensive demand forecasting, financial planning and item setup
- Changing the game for our internal online catalog end users by making the entire buying process faster and simpler
- Helping us cultivate Target’s partnerships with diverse, community-minded suppliers who are committed to economic development and job growth
As a Sr. Procurement Operations Professional – Contractor & Consultant Management, you will be accountable for the procurement and onboarding of contractors, consultants, and professional services (contingent workers) to Stores, Distribution Centers, and HQ locations, while managing the balance between highly specialized skills and costs. You will apply your knowledge of the staffing industry and associated regulations to effectively mitigate risk for the organization in partnership with employee relations. Working cross-functionally, you’ll participate and lead project teams to ensure professional service needs are identified, planned and delivered in a timely, cost effective and high-quality manner. You will lead process optimization and associated change management exercises that are focused on evolving current business processes for contingent labor. You will act as a liaison with internal partners and external vendors to solve problems, answer questions and make recommendations to ensure that contractor and consultant assignments are filled leveraging Target’s designated procurement processes and tools. To enhance value to Target, you will also monitor and share staffing vendor performance at business reviews. Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate with partners
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with experience in public speaking and making presentations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- MBA or Advanced Degree in related field preferred
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture