Sr Professional Procurement OperationsApply Now Job ID: REA0002AT Date posted: 11/20/2018 Location: 0501 - HQ MN Minneapolis Downtown, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Sr. Procurement Operations Professional – Indirect Supplies
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive and beloved retail brand, the Indirect Sourcing & Procurement Center of Excellence (COE) works across the business to maximize every resource, asset and relationship. We use good data, in-depth analysis and cross-functional insights to identify and communicate best practices, elevating our sourcing and procurement activities to achieve their very highest potential.
A role with Indirect Sourcing & Procurement Center of Excellence means building and executing category management plans and sourcing and negotiation approaches for all indirect spend categories. You’ll share and promote the best tactics across the entire company while developing deep category knowledge and close client relationships in each. Focusing on Procurement Operations involves ensuring operational excellence by optimizing inventory management and buying within negotiated contracts and catalogs for indirect goods and services. You’ll manage everyday business and client needs relating to executed contracts, issue resolution and reporting and amendments—all in the name of maximizing value and ensuring business continuity. Apply your Contract & Catalog Management knowledge to prequalify vendors and establish and coordinate contracts. Specialize in Sourcing Services to play a role in sourcing processes for the COE while providing strategic insight and partnership throughout the entire sourcing process. Work within Supplier Diversity to focus on evaluating external supplier partnerships and identify additional certified diverse suppliers who can provide innovative, competitively priced goods and services. Here, you’ll help select partners who foster community, economic development and enhance Target’s ability to deliver shareholder value. Or lend your skills to Sourcing Performance Management to design and maintain the systems and financial models that support the COE. Use your technical and analytical aptitude to vet contracts, pricing and other supplier agreements to ensure that pricing assumptions are accurately identified and incorporated with the models. Your input will be key to Target realizing the expected value from the terms of our agreements.
This role on the Indirect Supplies team within Procurement Operations will closely partner with sourcing, logistics, and other partner teams to collectively ensure the right indirect supplies are available at the right time. You will own and drive the demand planning process (how much is needed and when), which includes gathering multiple data points along with stakeholder (CFT) management to ensure the needed planning inputs are shared with suppliers and partner teams. In addition you will ensure suppliers are well positioned from a capacity and contractual compliance perspective, create financial awareness of forecasted spend associated with the planned demand, and foster continual improvements in demand forecasting accuracy for assigned categories. Other aspects of this role include: Participation in sourcing events, supporting item set-up and governance, forecasting item end-of-use indirect supply transitions, to leading miscellaneous cross-functional indirect category aspects or programs. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
• Develop indirect supply demand plans for categories through analysis and collaboration with partners teams
• Drive financial awareness associated with the expense of forecasted demand
• Review supply trends, seasonality, consumption, and etc. behaviors to drive continual refinements in forecasting accuracy
• Demonstrate initiative, adaptability and problem-solving skills in a changing and dynamic environment
• Proven success supporting process and/or tool improvements to drive continuous improvements and efficiencies
• Lead project-level cross-functional teams to ensure indirect supply needs are identified, planned and executed in a timely, cost effective and high-quality manner
• Work closely with suppliers on sharing forecasted demand, capacity planning, and managing contractual compliance
• Skilled communicator with partners, cross-functional teams, suppliers, and enterprise leadership
• 4-year college degree and /or equivalent experience
• 4-6 years of relevant work experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
• Excellent problem solving, attention to detail, detection of patterns/trends, communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
• Experience with forecasting and demand planning
• Guest focus, strong initiative and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Even better if you have:
• MBA or Advanced Degree in related field
• Advanced analytics & demand planning background
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture