Sr Program Manager Supply ChainApply Now Job ID: R0000156694 job family: Business Process & Operations schedule: Full time Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. So we’re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role on the Middle Mile team in Global Transportation and Logistics means managing the movement of inventory from Target node to Target node through collaboration across pyramids, consistent execution of standardized processes, and carrier performance management to drive optimal execution and on time performance for our Target teams and Guests.
As a Sr. Program Manager you will support a broad set of initiatives and ideas to help identify the specific problem scope, potential impact and the resources needed to solve through data, analytics and process improvement techniques to deliver short and long-term operational excellence. You’ll also be actively engaged in developing solutions alongside experts from across the organization including Field Operations, Safety, Engineering and Facilities, Store Operations, Construction, Properties, First Mile Transportation, Last Mile Transportation, IRL, Food and Beverage, Network Planning, Inventory Management and Data Sciences.
This role is also responsible for supporting a holistic transportation strategy through HQ partnerships, broader transportation and building collaboration, an understanding of Target’s domestic carrier fleet, and influencing sustainable processes that lead to an efficient use of Target’s asset and cost savings. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Provide clear communication and direction to carriers and key partners to connect to shared vision, strategy and values
- Support continuous improvement opportunities through program management within the middle mile transportation logistics tying back to our global supply chain vision
- Support execution and program management of future Middle Mile Transportation initiatives
- Understand the unique departments, job functions, processes and performance expectations for all middle mile building types and how they impact operational process and quality needs.
- Use data trends, reporting, and collaboration to achieve short and long-term process improvements to enhance Target’s Middle Mile Transportation Operations.
- Monitor KPI trends and drive for exceptional performance.
- Collaborate and maintain partnerships between operational teams, HQ partners and the middle mile transportation field team.
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in operational roles
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong reasoning, analytical, project management and problem solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Strong ability to plan, manage, and prioritize time/tasks effectively.
- Self-motivated and demonstrates initiative; demonstrates ability to work independently.
- Ability to develop relationships, both internally and externally, and work in a team environment.
- Advanced knowledge of PC Windows based applications (Excel and Word) required.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture