Sr Project Analyst Supply ChainApply Now Job ID: R0000156625 job family: Supply Chain Process & Operations schedule: Full time Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Targets Food Supply Chain is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role on the Network Strategy Team within Food Supply Chain means being relentlessly focused on how we can optimize our temperature-controlled network to become more cost effective and improve the guest experience. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. We’re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. You will work cross-functionally with experts from across F&B, GSCL, Technology and Stores to support co-creation of solutions to reduce labor cost, improve speed and quality for replenishment activities, and help define our future network design. You will help scope a broad set of initiatives and ideas to help identify the specific problem, potential impact, and the resources needed to solve; you’ll also be actively engaged in developing solutions alongside experts from across the organization including Field Operations, Operating Solutions Design, Store Operations, TTS, Inventory Management and Data Science.
As a Senior Project Analyst in Food Supply Chain, you will be responsible for supporting the strategic direction for the operating solutions required to optimize and scale highly efficient Supply Chain operations. The role will coordinate and deploy the features and capabilities of supply chain systems and integration with various technology systems across inbound, warehouse, and outbound processes. The position will work across the enterprise to gather data, identify opportunities, scope functional requirements and create roadmaps to prioritize and implement solutions. This role will provide an ideal opportunity to work within a highly collaborative, cross functional team managing across leadership and operational teams. You will facilitate communication and alignment between FSC, GSCL, and TTS teams on high profile initiatives to enable progress toward our goals. You will coordinate end to end process development for some initiatives and lead as a project analyst to align scope, deliverables, resources, finances, and timelines. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs. More specifically, you will:
- Support the integration of technology for our new distribution nodes
- Coordinate the technological replication of physical processes within the ‘4-walls’ of our FDCs
- Become a subject-matter-expert in the future capabilities of our food supply chain network
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of supply chain experience
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate, influence without authority, and manage conflict effectively
- Highly flexible and comfortable working in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage parallel efforts within a complex, highly matrixed organization
- Strong communication, organization, and stakeholder management skills
- Experience with technology and ability to facilitate communication between business and technology teams
- Ability to think in terms of the future state, challenging the status quo, and helping to identify paths from current to future capabilities
- Understanding of operations within a distribution center (ideally temperature-controlled environments)
- Experience with Supply Chain Systems (Warehouse Management, Material Handling, Labor Management, Inventory Management, Transportation Management, etc.)
- Desire to work heavily within the technology space
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture