Sr Project Designer - Architecture
Sr. Project Designer-Target Architecture Team
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target’s distinctive brand love is infused throughout its many physical locations by the Properties teams. We have a direct and positive impact on the real estate, design, construction and maintenance of our stores, distribution centers and headquarters. Are you ready to help strategically grow Target’s brand through leading-edge design, development, construction and preservation? Can you effectively balance the efficiencies of a large-design build company with the unique challenges and innovative solutions required by individual sites? Then take your place on one of our Properties teams, and help us make the most of Target’s physical assets, both in the U.S. and overseas.
A role in Store Design-Architecture means the opportunity to apply your innovative and sustainable architectural design and technical expertise. Your work will ultimately help define the physical experience. The interactions and connectivity between the physical, digital and human elements Target develops for our guest, will evolve the brand image in store and ultimately support Target’s business strategies. You’ll interpret program and scope details to integrate them with interior and exterior site design and aesthetic for new stores, remodels and innovation projects
As a Sr.Architectural Project Designer, you will
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of current industry design trends and best methods.
- Have responsibility for developing, and/or coordinating the development of area specific or total site, exterior, and interior store design.
- Research benchmarks, competition and internal guest insights to inform concept direction.
- Coordinate with cross enterprise team members (e.g. Construction, Engineering, Real Estate, Store Planning, Fixture Design, Store Operations, Space and Presentation, Visual Merchandising, etc.) to complete design concepts and ensure project scopes align with strategic direction, schedule and budget.
- Translate strategy into design intent through the development of concept options including sketches and renderings.
- Inform, direct and speak to design aesthetic to internal and external (city, developer, AHJ) on internally produced work.
- Ability to coordinates, present and articulate design rationale for concept design reviews.
- Coordinate and align with Implementation team for hand-off
- Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs
- 4 Year accredited degree (architecture design preferred, or interior design,or industrial design)
- 2-4 years relevant retail experience (preferred)
- Excellent communication, presentation, organizational and project management skills
- High proficiency in Sketchup, Form Z, SolidWorks, Photoshop, InDesign or equivalent
- Proven design and manual drawing skills to develop preliminary solutions for design problems
- Knowledge of basic building materials, exterior and interior, finishes, plastics, metal and wood manufacturing processes
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually
- Ability to think holistically while developing design concepts
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture