Sr PSQA Engineer - Seasonal ProductApply Now Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542; job id: R0000177786
job family: Product Quality Assurance
schedule: Full time
Who we’re looking for
The retail landscape is changing – fast – and Target is evolving along with it. When we created our brand promise of “Expect More. Pay Less.” it paved the way for Target to infuse affordable fashion into our assortment and deliver an outstanding experience for our guests. We are pioneers of innovation with our owned brands and unique partnerships from Archer Farms and A New Day, to Made to Matter and Altuzarra. Today, Target continues to be committed to bringing our guests what they want, when they want it, where they want to shop – in our over 1,800 stores, mobile, online and the retail channels of the future.
This position will focus on seasonal products for Christmas. Products include both textile and hard/home; electronics, animation and multifunctional décor. Products include both Children’s and General Use.
This position is responsible for delivering quality and safe product to our stores by executing Target’s quality assurance requirements throughout the entire product life cycle process. Assure Vendors deliver safe and quality owned brand products to Target’s Omni-channel Guest by proactively planning, managing and executing Target’s compliance and quality assurance initiatives.
Responsible to assure the quality, safety and integrity for all owned brand products. Validate regulatory compliance for and issue compliance documentation for a subset of owned and non-owned brand products. Execute and maintain global policy & procedures creation, modification and implementation for headquarters and field processes to meet compliance and quality requirements.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Product Safety Quality Assurance Sr. Engineer, you'll take the lead as you execute the following:
- Establish oneself as an expert within the cross functional team with a solid understanding of manufacturing, testing and industry trends for the current assortment and future expansion
- Drive the quality assurance program requirements for the category as the product and strategy evolve into new capabilities or Target expands into other product types, materials and functionality
- Utilize knowledge of manufacturing, engineering principles and intended product use to represent the quality voice in the category’s strategy
- Proactive involvement in product development and sourcing to influence decisions and mitigate risk
- Develop quality oversight direction based on product, material and placement risk
- Lead, assess and resolve product testing failures and inspection issues by working proactively with vendor, factory, global Quality Assurance (QA) team to assure timely and appropriate closure
- Proactively develop a guest data strategy for the category and drive issues to resolution with long term corrections
- Develop and assess testing protocols to assure protocols incorporate regulatory requirements, industry standard alignment and the design’s intent
- Lead safety & regulatory product investigation issues with the Product Investigations Recall (PIR) team
- Support global QA and sourcing teams with risk mitigation during production exit strategies for non-compliant factories
- Effectively communicate quality direction, policy and procedure throughout the organization, vendors, and factories
- Be an advocate for data driven results within the organization to justify actions taken and measurable results
- Bachelor degree in Engineering (electrical, mechanical, material, industrial, multi-discipline etc.) or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience working in quality or other engineering field
- Ability to read, interpret and implement industry standards (i.e. UL, ASTM, etc. standards)
- Knowledge of quality control/assurance processes and procedures
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Collaborative focus and ability to work successfully across functional areas.
- Respects, appreciates and values diverse voices and approaches
- Committed to creating equitable experiences and fostering an inclusive team
- Able to read and interpret statutes and legislations into PSQA compliance and quality program.
- Knowledge of CFR’s, which contains all of the process and technical details necessary to comply with regulations, certification, and due care, which gives Target the expertise necessary to ensure that vendors’ documents meet the law.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems and experience implementing the discipline
- Experience in retail merchandise operations or support (Buying, Sourcing, QA, Design etc.)
- Experience with various types of products including textile and hard, children’s and general use, electrical and multifunctional products.
- Field Auditing experience
- 6Sigma certified
- Member of industry QA organizations and certifications.
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target’s needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location.A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that’s not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is $81,300 to $146,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience,
certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture