Sr.Reporting, Analytics & Intelligence ConsultantApply Now Job ID: LAW0000CB Date posted: 12/14/2018 Location: 0501 - HQ MN Minneapolis Downtown, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Sr Reporting Consultant
Date: October 2018
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
To match the signature style and passion of Target’s distinctive and beloved retail brand, Target Legal Affairs is a dynamic and deeply knowledgeable team of risk and compliance pros, each with valuable expertise from several disciplines. Whether specializing in government affairs, policy, risk management, regulatory compliance, ethics, or employee and labor relations, this team advocates for Target and its business plans in communities across the nation and works across the entire company to provide internal clients with cohesive guidance. We are committed to being internal experts to both internal and external entities on key issues that affect Target’s ability to productively do business. We focus on defining, investigating, anticipating, and ultimately mitigating risk in all its forms. Here, you’ll enjoy working autonomously with a healthy work-life balance. Your passion for learning the business and building relationships with the senior leaders and key business partners that you support will be key to tackling the ever-changing risk and compliance challenges we face in a dynamic and fast-paced retail landscape.
A role in Risk and Compliance Operations means creating the effective and efficient processes and tools that Legal Affairs uses to deliver exceptional service to their enterprise clients. Your support will be key in times of change and to ensure the success of large-scale business projects. You’ll build valuable relationships and make a positive impact as you coordinate critical resources across teams.
As a Sr Reporting Consultant, you will develop and execute complex reporting plans, improvement initiatives, and other assigned projects related to Target’s risk and compliance programs. Among the principle duties and responsibilities include:
- Providing data, information collection, and analytical support, and managing delivery of special projects (e.g., create project plans, organize meetings, collect status updates, etc.)
- Proactively identifying solutions that may provide benefit across the Legal Affairs business unit and other related functions
- Coordinating and enhancing collaboration for reporting and information services spanning multiple Legal Affairs business unit teams and other related functions, including to conduct analysis on current and new projects
- Prioritizing Legal Affairs reporting projects among partners within Target’s centralized data and business intelligence function while also influencing peer group priorities
- Being a subject-matter expert on and demonstrate leadership in data management and information services for the Legal Affairs business unit
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- B.A/B.S degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of advanced data visualization / database analytics experience
- 3-6 years of technical business experience and/or contact center experience
- Demonstrate innovative and creative problem solving skills with strong leadership skills
- Experience with SQL statements and building and managing ETLs
- Experienced in collaborating across departments/pyramids/vendor teams and driving results through collaboration
- Drives for results and manage execution: coordinate, prioritize, establish goals, ensure timelines are being met and use resources
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; tailors message by audience, negotiate consequences, handle crisis, setbacks and conflicts constructively and diplomatically, and provide essential information to the right people at the right time
- High level of initiative and organization, with the ability to be resilient and adaptable and manage ambiguity, risk, uncertainty and changing directions
- Works independently with limited direction
- Strong technical and analytical aptitude
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture