Sr Real Estate Program and Portfolio ManagerApply Now Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542; job id: R0000169539
job family: Real Estate & Property Management
schedule: Full time
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target’s distinctive brand love is infused throughout its many physical locations by the Properties teams. We have a direct and positive impact on the real estate, design, construction and maintenance of our stores, distribution centers and headquarters. Are you ready to help strategically grow Target’s brand through leading-edge design, development, construction, and preservation. Can you effectively balance the efficiencies of a large-design build company with the unique challenges and innovative solutions required by individual sites? Then take your place on one of our Properties teams and help us make the most of Target’s physical assets, both in the U.S. and overseas.
A role in Real Estate means the opportunity to develop and drive Target’s market-based growth strategies by identifying, acquiring, and developing extraordinary guest-facing properties. You’ll use your negotiation skills to execute competitive and risk-balanced transactions. You’ll be a key player on the team that manages the lifecycle of our stores, site selection of new properties, the scope of remodels and existing property portfolio negotiations and property disposition.
As a Senior Real Estate Program and Portfolio Manager, you’ll use your skills, experience, and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and direction for real estate strategies within assigned territory;
- Develop expertise in all markets located within assigned geographic region, including store performance, competition activity, site knowledge and demographic changes;
- Drive continuous process improvements, program management foundation and risk mitigation for existing store real estate programs;
- Leverage your analytical mindset to identify, develop and monitor real estate program metrics and reporting to ensure improved connection between programs;
- Effectively communicate at all levels (including senior management) within Target to gain support and approval for decisions and projects;
- Coordinate with developers and municipalities to obtain and document necessary consents and approvals;
- Negotiate new operating agreements, amendments and other real estate legal documents with external parties such as developers, landlords and municipalities;
- Manage Target’s response to government-driven property takings initiated through condemnations and eminent domain proceedings;
- Interpret operating documents and other related legal agreements and provide guidance to internal customer groups affected by the terms;
- Influence key business partners to lead and drive accountability across cross functional teams;
- Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with developers, landlords, brokers and other real estate counterparts in the industry.
- Core responsibilities are described within this job description, job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present ideas to an audience of various levels and businesses
- Ability to work well with others and resolve differences of opinion
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate data into measurable action
- Ability to present complex processes and ideas in easy to understand terms to various cross functional stakeholders to receive approval and prioritization
- Considerable skills in process improvement and business transformation
- Four-year degree; Masters in Real Estate, MBA, JD, engineering, architecture, or equivalent combination of education and experience (preferred, not required)
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture