Sr SEO ManagerApply Now Job ID: R0000072506 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Sr. SEO MANAGER, DIGITAL MEDIA & SEARCH
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Fueling the continued success of one of the world’s most beloved and recognized brands is a distinctly capable, creative and innovative Marketing organization. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves on connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target. We study our guests to discover new needs and insights, and then craft every interaction to build brand love. We are market experts who insist on a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, guest segments and behaviors, strategies and tactics, overcoming obstacles and measuring success. Our commitment to partnering both internally and with external agencies gives us a wide range of capabilities, from award-winning creative work to exciting and unique promotional marketing. Leveraging our collective assets and fostering a healthy, supportive and open team culture, we deliver a holistically gratifying experience that guests can only get at Target.
A role with Target Digital Media & Search means being close to the action of delivering profitable sales to Target.com and bringing the business’s multichannel vision to life. You’ll create and implement industry-leading digital media plans for Brand & Category Marketing while staying on the cutting edge of emerging digital media innovations. Cultivating an environment of full-team engagement, leadership and personal development, you’ll be a champion for open communication and program transparency.
As a Sr. SEO Manager you’ll manage and lead the implementation of Target’s overall SEO strategy. You will work closely with product teams, creative partners and site merchandising teams to drive organic traffic and sales growth. You will drive prioritization and uncover new opportunities around taxonomy, linking and content for all of Target’s digital properties. You’ll leverage large data sets and synthesize into actionable insights to better understand evolving guest search behaviors and intent. You will be accountable to auditing and monitoring Target’s overall SEO program, communicating results and executing scalable tactics to drive brand and performance results. You will create training for partners, improve workflow processes and identify defects quickly in order to maintain visibility and coverage in the search engines. You will also be responsible for improving overall crawl budget and ensuring our most important digital content is rendering by the search engines. You are expected to keep pace with SEO and overall digital marketing trends and translate relevant industry developments into enterprise strategies for Target.
- 4-year Degree in Advertising, Business, Marketing, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or related areas of study or equivalent work experience.
- 6-10 years’ experience in Technical SEO, Content Planning, Web Development, and/or Ecommerce.
- Preferred experience with SEO tools that include crawling, keyword research, keyword rank tracking and backlink analysis (i.e. Botify, Deepcrawl, Moz, Stat Analytics, Google Search Console, Keyword Planner, SEMrush, BrightEdge, AHREFs, Screaming Frog, SearchMetrics).
- Strong analytical skills with experience in a variety of analytics tools including Adobe and/or Google Analytics.
- Advanced computer skills, including high-level proficiency in Excel (including, but not limited to, pivot tables and VLookups).
- Excellent problem solving skills with high levels of autonomy and self-motivation.
- Highly detailed oriented with excellent organizational skills while managing multiple projects.
- Comfortable navigating through ambiguity
- Strong sense of prioritization
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture