Sr Site MerchandiserApply Now Job ID: R0000082566 job family: Site Merchandising schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right along with Target’s distinctive retail brand, we are constantly improving and innovating our digital shopping experience. Are you ready to excel in the fast-changing retail environment? Are you a customer service enthusiast who’s curious about the guest and can see the shopping journey through their eyes? Then you’ll have success on the Digital Strategy & Platform team, whose goal is to offer guests a seamless online shopping experience across our platforms—including Target.com and the store network’s fulfillment capabilities. Here, you’ll collaborate to create and implement the digital strategies that enrich the online experience through the right mix of personalization, simplicity and intuitiveness. Your ideas will support Target in complementing the beloved in-store shopping interaction with a convenient, reliable and instantly gratifying digital experience.
As an extension of the beloved in-store experience Target guests expect and deserve, the teams within Site Merchandising and Site Merchandising Operations focus on increasing digital topline sales through optimizing conversion, profitability and the overall site experience. Here, you’ll apply your expertise for digital merchandising, guest experience development and curation. Bring your grasp of online testing, data and analytics to ensure that the guest experience online is as convenient, intuitive and satisfying as can be. Your work will support the best possible search and browse functionalities, including content and continuous site navigation refinement. You’ll also contribute to robust financial accountability, reporting and monitoring.
As Senior Site Merchandiser in Site Merchandising, you will execute a category-specific e-commerce experience strategy, from top to bottom of the funnel, with an eye on both driver and destination. You will bring a strategic, innovative mind-set to the Skin Care and Cosmetics businesses. The scope of your role includes:
1. Experience. Implement and optimize site merchandising strategies that focus on conversion, findability, maximizing guest engagement, and frictionless shopping. Tactics include, but are not limited to: traffic optimization, site taxonomy and attribution management, navigation, facets, sort, internal search optimization, item level content, cross-sell/up-sell, item data strategy, and photography.
2. Content. Plan brand-building, category-optimized site content, partnering with category leaders within Merchandising and Marketing to ensure alignment across the enterprise. Provide business inputs and context to creative teams for execution, ensuring content is revenue-driving, on brand, and impactful.
3. Analytics. Monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) across all devices and platforms, guest behavior, market trends, and competitive insights to optimize short-term performance and to inform longer-term strategies. Understand and share the connection between site and financial metrics. Provide weekly in-depth reporting and insights to partner teams.
4. Cross Functional Partnerships. Establish strong relationships across cross-functional and category teams. Influence and leverage other teams within the broader organization to advance digital objectives.
5. Results. Feeling of personal accountability for delivering financial goals (sales and profit) and objectives for the category.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
• Four-year degree or equivalent experience • 4+ years of e-commerce experience • Business acumen with an entrepreneurial, revenue-generating mindset • Must have both strong technical acumen and a creative sensibility • Understanding of broader e-commerce trends and innovations • Demonstrated experience in strategic and cross-functional influence, planning and execution • High level of initiative and organization, with the ability to manage ambiguity, risk, uncertainty and changing directions • Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including financial and business metrics in addition to site metrics • Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to varying levels of leadership
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture