Sr. Sourcing ManagerApply Now Job ID: R0000037070 Date posted: 08/12/2019 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
The retail landscape is changing – fast – and Target is evolving along with it. When we created our brand promise of “Expect More. Pay Less.” it paved the way for Target to infuse affordable fashion into our assortment and deliver an outstanding experience for our guests. We are pioneers of innovation with our owned brands and unique partnerships. Today, Target continues to be committed to bringing our guests what they want, when they want it, where they want to shop – in our over 1,800 stores, mobile, online and the retail channels of the future.
We’re looking for a Fabric Sourcing Manager who is interested in putting their business, leadership and people skills to work. Be a leader and trendsetter by delivering your passion for retail to Target. Our team is our greatest asset, so we invest in the growth and development of our team, and have fun while doing it. Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals.
As a Fabric Sourcing Manager, you'll take the lead as you…
- Work with a cross-functional team including Target Merchants and Product Design and Development to turn ideas into the merchandise on our stores' shelves and on our online channels
- Support the overall strategic raw material platforming and leveraging function, enabling speed and flexibility for Owned Brand Apparel
- Partner with overseas sourcing and fabric suppliers to deliver high-quality, trend-right merchandise at a great value for our guests
- Drive the raw material sourcing strategy to support strategic opportunities, global balance and help Target achieve our financial plans
- Drive for speed in reduction of lead times and supply chain in order to help Target be first to market
- Utilize negotiating skills and costing expertise to ensure quality/cost, and deliver maximum bottom-line impact
- 4-year degree
- Five+ years relevant merchandising experience – position levels vary based on experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation and supplier management skills
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Strong influencing, execution and attention to detail skills
- Experience in the Activewear Category preferred
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture