Sr Specialist – Strategy and OperationsApply Now Job ID: R0000153089 job family: Real Estate & Property Management schedule: Full time Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target’s distinctive brand love is infused throughout its many physical locations by the Properties teams. We have a direct and positive impact on the real estate, design, construction and maintenance of our stores, distribution centers and headquarters. Are you ready to help strategically grow Target’s brand through leading-edge design, development, construction and preservation? Can you effectively balance the efficiencies of a large-design build company with the unique challenges and innovative solutions required by individual sites? Then take your place on one of our Properties teams, and help us make the most of Target’s physical assets, both in the U.S. and overseas.
The core responsibility of the Strategy and Operations Sr Specialist is to perform the supporting functions necessary to ensure the successful delivery of projects as defined. The Strategy and Operations Sr Specialist has responsibility for data collection, analytics, and reporting as well as general project support and coordination.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Project and Program Assignments:
- Performs analysis and research as required to help facilitate successful program and project execution.
- Prepares and maintains ad-hoc reports from SAP, TCPM, FUSE, Procore and other tools as required.
- Assists with the preparation of program level presentations.
- Assist with Change Management coordination
- Provides pre-mobilization change summaries for Construction team
- Assists with Change Forum reporting and metrics
- Works with Sr. Managers, Directors and PMs to develop and publish best practices documentation for new business processes.
Strategic owner of FUSE application and development.
- Assist in resolving any/all escalated issues regarding vendor and payment trends, analyzing trends that impact multiple or single location projects.
Develops criteria, supports maintenance, train, and executes projects within multiple systems
Project Close-Out Support for Construction Team:
- Follows and executes Project Close-out Best Practice Checklist procedures for all completed programs/projects.
- Ensures processes are followed for redlines, permits tracked and closed, and open purchase orders are reconciled and closed
- Supports in accounting best practices for close out including open commit closure, distribution discrepancies, quarterly vendor reporting, and project system closures.
- Creates, updates and/or deletes training documents per supervisor and/or project management staff direction
- Assists with the on-boarding and training of new Sr. Specialists and Professionals in required responsibilities and tools.
- Assists with the on-boarding and training of new program vendors.
- Reports directly to Director.
- Close Working Relationships: Strategy and Operations Team, Internal Construction Project Management team, Technical Support Staff, and other Properties personnel
- Secondary Working Relationships: Architecture/Engineering, Real Estate, Store Design, IRL, Property Accounting, Store Operations, Property Mgmt,
- Interaction with general contractors and external consultants and vendors.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio)
- 2 year Associate Degree or Two years equivalent experience
- Strong Interpersonal relation skills, effective communicator and collaborator
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Ability to travel as needed
- 4-year degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Two years of experience in related field experience
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture