Sr. Structural EngineerApply Now Job ID: R0000127282 job family: Building Operations Engineering schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Sr. Structural Engineer
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target’s distinctive brand love is infused throughout its many physical locations by the Properties teams. We have a direct and positive impact on the real estate, design, construction and maintenance of our stores, distribution centers and headquarters. Are you ready to help strategically grow Target’s brand through leading-edge design, development, construction and preservation? Can you effectively balance the efficiencies of a large-design build company with the unique challenges and innovative solutions required by individual sites? Then take your place on one of our Properties teams, and help us make the most of Target’s physical assets, both in the U.S. and overseas.
A role in Store Design - Engineering means the opportunity to apply your innovative, sustainable design and technical expertise. Your work will help define the physical experience. The interactions and connectivity between the physical, digital and human elements Target develops for our guest, will evolve the brand image in store and ultimately support Target’s business strategies. You’ll interpret program and scope details to integrate them with the interior and exterior design and aesthetic for new stores, remodels, innovation projects and distribution centers.
The Sr. Structural Engineer is a technical and process leader within Target that establishes the strategy for building structural system designs and supports execution of designs by managing external engineering design consultants. You will be responsible to create, modify and ensure implementation of structural designs that can be applied to Stores, Distribution and / or Corporate Facilities within Target. You will function as the Subject Matter Expert and be responsible to communicate and collaborate across multiple teams within and external to Target. You will manage engineering projects from inception to completion through application of your engineering knowledge and skillsets as well as utilization of external consultants. You will coordinate with cross enterprise team members (e.g. Construction, Architecture, Real Estate, Store Planning, Property Management, Supply Chain, etc.) to ensure project scopes align with strategic direction, schedule and budget. You will also be responsible to understand emerging technologies and industry trends to incorporate new strategies into Target designs and identify areas for innovation.
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 4 year degree in structural engineering from ABET accredited program
- Professional engineering licensure or the ability and desire to attain professional engineering licensure
- 3-5 years relevant experience (preferred) with a consultant engineering firm, contractor, or a manufacturer of engineered building systems
- Proficient in the design and knowledgeable in the evaluation, assessment, and repair of commercial building structural systems and construction practices
- Practical knowledge in construction materials such as steel, concrete, masonry, and timber
- Knowledge and desire to enhance knowledge of building codes and referenced material standards
- Knowledge of and ability to work with structural engineering software, such as RISA 3D and Revit
- Excellent communication, presentation, organizational and project management skills
- Proven design, project management, and visualcommunication drawing skills, to develop preliminary solutions for design or technical problems
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually
- Ability to think holistically while developing design and technical concepts
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Ability to synthesize complex information from a variety of sources and use that information to make informed decisions
- Ability and desire to seek out technical training opportunities to increase skills
- Ability to champion ideas with confidence and ensures that difficult problems are addressed
- Ability to lead multi-discipline teams to accomplish goals and to ensure that diverse perspectives are considered
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adapt to changing priorities in a fast paced environment
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture