Sr. Support Analyst - Merchandise OperationsApply Now Job ID: R0000076056 job family: Merchandising Process & Operations schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Sr. Support Analyst– Merchandise Operations Support
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Merchandising is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how this $70 billion retailer offers the innovative, guest-inspiring items that Target is known and loved for. Our goal is to deliver exceptional value, quality and style to elevate Target as the premier retailer in a competitive global marketplace. Through intelligent and progressive business strategies that make the most of Target’s resources and partnerships worldwide, Merchandising works across product categories to create a localized shopping experience online and in our 1800 stores. Are you a creative problem solver who loves to see your work translate into real results? Can you collaborate effectively, execute a plan efficiently and positively influence how Target chooses and presents the right product in the right place at the right price? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
About the job:
As an Analyst on the Merchandise Operations Support team you will develop and apply a deep merchandising system and process subject matter expertise across all business types to ensure the effective and efficient use of Merchandising resources to maximize Target’s profitability and guest satisfaction.
- Serve as the liaison between various business and technology teams (across geographies) to triage and facilitate resolution of technical and process issues for merchandising systems including APEX, PCN, UFP, EPM, POL, Launchpad, IMN and more.
- Serve as a client advocate using your position at the product table to provide data and insights to enhance existing systems usability and prioritize new system functionality.
- Utilize multimedia tools and delivery options such as online documentation, newsletter, video, Skype, Hypercare, phone and form support, and one-on-one training to transfer knowledge and drive quality execution.
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress. Develop and execute change management and training plans to address behavioral & organizational needs.
- Responsible for measuring and reporting user incidents, routing to the correct process or technology team, understand incident trends and provide inputs on prevention of reoccurring issues
- Creation and maintenance of knowledge and support documentation
APEX is a technology platform connecting workflow and data between buyer, planner, TSS and vendor during pre-season assortment planning as well as an in-season financial forecasting and business management for the buyer and planner-owned decisions. The data collected in APEX is shared downstream to Item, Presentation and Supply Chain. Value to Target for the use of this technology is improved accuracy of data collected at the right time by the owner of the data, improved efficiency by sharing data systematically and improved financial decision making through year-over-year item negotiations, setting and monitoring segmentation strategies and tracking profitability against both financial and assortment architecture goals.
In this role, you will encourage the open exchange of information and viewpoints, as well as inspire others to achieve challenging goals and high standards of performance while committing to the organization's direction. You will foster a sense of urgency and resiliency to achieve goals and leverage resources to overcome unexpected obstacles, and partner with influencers within merchandising and across other products to identify and market the expected and unexpected value that connected systems will bring.
*Core responsibilities are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business need.
- Four-year college degree
- 3+ years relevant experience and familiarity with merchandising, supply chain, data management and technology, process development including agile methodology a plus
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal in both large and small group presentations
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively with business partners
- Strong trouble shooting, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other MS Applications, including excellent Microsoft Access, excellent Microsoft Excel skills, and Strong Microsoft PowerPoint skills.
- Experience using a ticket management software (ServiceNow)
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture