Sr Systems Layout Designer (HQ or Remote Based)Apply Now Job ID: R0000171240 job family: Building Operations Engineering schedule: Full time Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. So we’re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role in HQ Engineering and Activation means being at the heart of our perpetual reimagining. This group is the think tank and laboratory for the innovative ideas that spark change throughout the Supply Chain. We are inventors, metrics masters, data geeks, testers, triers, course-correctors and askers of the all-important question “What if … ?”. This team influences processes, engineers the robotics and automation to support those processes, activates solutions sustainably across the network and manages those assets. Your specific expertise—whether it’s people, process, technology, or data—will be felt well beyond the boundaries of the Supply Chain organization, positively impacting Target team members and guests alike.
As a Sr System Layout Designer, you will be part of the Design Services team, and will be responsible for creating, managing and maintaining two-dimensional facility layouts for supply chain processing and storage systems and assisting and facilitating training of design engineers to become more proficient in editing and manipulating CAD drawings on their own. The Sr System Layout Designer will participate in concept discussions to understand the design requirements as well as the equipment and components being considered for a solution. Through multiple layout iterations the Sr System Layout Designer supports the design process with more detailed information about space requirements and equipment limitations and provides advanced drafting and design services by preparing and maintaining blueprints, facilities layouts and engineering or project drawings. In addition, this highly skilled resource will also provide the capability necessary to employ 3D modeling, visualization, animation, and virtual/augmented reality tools for enhanced communication and understanding of design concepts.
- Bachelor’s undergraduate college degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Architecture or similar discipline
- 3 or more years of combined experience in material handling, automation, manufacturing, supply chain and/or distribution and logistics industries, or an Advanced degree in Engineering.
- Knowledge of the layout requirements for material handling technologies such as conveyor systems, automated storage and retrieval systems (crane and shuttle based systems) automated guided vehicles, and robotics such as industrial robotic arms and mobile robots.
- Experience with material flow strategies, material handling and dynamic manufacturing/supply chain systems
- Ability to construct complex technical drawings and prepare working drawings from conceptual layout to detailed finished product
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage several complex projects at the same time with high degrees of variation and uncertainty
- Candidate must be capable to work with little supervision or direction and will be given considerable latitude in decision making
- Ability to travel 15% globally to interact with internal and external business and technical partners
- 3D Modeling / Design
- 3D rendering
- Computer Aided Drafting/Design (CAD)
- Conveyor Systems
- Engineering Drawings
- Engineering Leadership
- Facility Design
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Traffic Engineering
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture