Sr. Target Security Specialist HQ- Downtown Minneapolis and Brooklyn Park LocationsApply Now Job ID: R0000115787 job family: Security & Loss Prevention schedule: Full time Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542;
About Us: Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers. Target Corporate Security is a team dedicated to protecting the Target brand, guests, team members, and property through our comprehensive understanding and management of ever-changing security risks.
Your passion for learning the business, collaborating with others, and building relationships will be essential to maintaining the security of Target assets at our various facilities. Here, you will support Target’s resiliency by planning, preparing, responding to, and recovering from crisis events impacting our operations.
As a Target Sr. Security Specialist, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities. You’ll support safe and secure operations by engaging with team members, partners, and guests at entry points of our buildings. Leveraging Target’s policies and procedures, you’ll provision building access to all our Target community members. Using intelligence-led tactics and remaining situationally aware, you’ll maintain safe and secure standards throughout our buildings and properties. In addition, you’ll respond to and accurately document security incidents and activities, sharing your expertise to educate and empower team members on what to do during emergencies. Furthering our culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance, you’ll encourage team members to report security concerns to Corporate Security. You’ll also execute select security routines and projects that advance our goal to minimize risk at Target. Lastly, you’ll provide a Target-brand experience and environment by supporting the needs of others.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and ability to complete routines and patrols utilizing a company vehicle.
- Meet any state or local licensure and/or other legal requirements related to the position.
- Welcoming and helpful attitude towards team members, partners, and guests.
- Learn and adapt to current technology needs and changing work environments.
- Effective communication and de-escalation skills.
- Work both independently and with a team.
- Manage workload and prioritize tasks independently during crisis situations.
- Be reliable and dependable as it relates to assigned tasks.
- Trustworthy to work with highly confidential information.
- Climb up and down stairs and ladders.
- Provide life-saving actions, including CPR and other first aid.
- Ability to sit, stand, or be mobile for extended periods of time and effectively move items up to 40 pounds.
- Flexibility to work a set schedule and adjust as business needs dictate, with regular attendance necessary.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture