Sr Tax Analyst, Income Tax
Sr Tax Analyst, Income Tax
Working within Income Tax, your mission will be to drive value-added work and support our core retail business goals. Our tax team focuses on all aspects of tax reporting including enhancing productivity and efficiency of core compliance through process and technology, monitoring tax risk and opportunities across all tax disciplines, engaging and educating Finance and the broader organization regarding tax considerations, and prioritizing team resources to support key work streams.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
As a Senior Tax Analyst in the Income Tax team, you will be responsible for assisting on various aspects of the income tax function. This role has a federal income tax focus which includes the preparation of the federal consolidated tax return. This role also performs tax research and analysis, assists with the IRS exam, and supports the federal tax provision and forecasting process. As part of these efforts, you will:
- Work closely with Target business partners to collect and analyze data;
- Prepare the consolidated federal tax return using OneSource Income Tax software;
- Assist with preparation, documentation and review of federal, state and local income tax workpapers and filings;
- Engage with financial statement auditors and external advisors;
- Research, analyze and document technical tax issues;
- Support the team with audit defense matters; and
- Coordinate and maintain tax federal compliance calendars.
You will leverage your analytical expertise and curiosity as you evaluate the tax implications of Target’s business operations. In this role, you will develop your tax expertise, critical thinking, problem solving, and business operational knowledge while working on a wide range of strategic priorities.
The exciting part of retail? It’s always changing! Job duties may change due to business needs and the evolution of our priorities.
- Degree in Accounting or related area.
- Minimum of 2 years of tax experience with a public accounting firm or equivalent experience in a large corporate tax department.
- CPA or MBT is preferred
- Experience with OneSource or similar Tax compliance or provision software
- Strong analytical, communication, and accounting skills.
- Drive for continuous process improvement and strong technology proficiency.
- Ability to prioritize competing projects and work with cross-functional teams.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture