Sr. Technology AuditorApply Now Job ID: R0000069917 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, in a role in Target Finance and Accounting, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You’ll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. In Finance, you’ll be an integral voice in discussions that lead to Target’s unparalleled shopping experience. Your analysis and recommendations will be directly applied to critical business decisions, from sales to merchandising and beyond. Within Finance, you’ll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space. You’ll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you’ll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work.
Internal Audit provides independent assurance and risk insights to and collaborates with business owners across the enterprise. You’ll use professional judgment, analytics, agile concepts and other innovations daily. You’ll understand, assess the effectiveness of and help improve risk management capabilities (e.g., processes and controls) for Target’s strategic, business and compliance objectives.
As a Senior Auditor, you will lead the development and execution of internal audit activities, leveraging your knowledge of risk management capabilities, including identifying and assessing risks and internal controls and utilizing your subject matter expertise within technology and business processes. Leading internal audit activities requires working independently with a high level of initiative, providing direction and coaching to others, managing projects effectively, communicating with business owners and developing & maintaining strong business relationships.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assess technology risks within a variety of operational business processes
- Consult with business owners on the relevancy and impact of technology risks to their processes and functions
- Identify technology controls and rationalize control scoping decisions to maximize value and efficiency
- Develop and execute technology control test procedures and clearly and concisely communicate results
- Collaborate with business owners to ensure alignment of remediation activities with root cause of findings
- Interpret and apply internal and external risk and control frameworks and policies as the foundation for testing procedures
- Adapt and thrive in a changing environment with competing priorities
- Effectively manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure adherence to timelines and quality of deliverables
- Identify opportunities for use of data analytics and automation to enhance testing strategy and execution
- Demonstrate a high level of engagement by proactively suggesting ideas or alternatives, promoting an agile mindset, and participating in team building activities
- Independently manage your personal development by taking on stretch assignments, cross-functional engagements, and acquiring new skills.
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 4 year college degree (BS/BA) (technology, accounting, engineering or related field preferred)
- 4 - 8 years of internal or external technology audit experience
- Strong professional judgment, critical thinking and written/oral communication skills
- Experience reviewing and testing business, technology, and application automated controls for various system environments
- Basic technology knowledge including application development and deployment, data management, information security and technology operations
- CISA, CISSP, CIA and/or CPA
- Big 4, retail experience is a plus
- Familiarity with or experience in an agile working environment
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture