Sr. Vendor Risk Management ConsultantApply Now Job ID: R0000036534 Date posted: 08/07/2019 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Sr. Vendor Risk Consultant (Job Code)
Date: August 2019
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
To match the signature style and passion of Target’s distinctive and beloved retail brand, Target Legal Affairs is a dynamic and deeply knowledgeable team of legal pros, each with valuable expertise from several disciplines. Whether specializing in government affairs, policy, risk management, regulatory compliance, ethics or employee and labor relations, this team advocates for Target and its business plans in communities across the nation and works across the entire company to provide internal clients with cohesive guidance. We are committed to being internal experts to both internal and external entities on key issues that affect Target’s ability to productively do business. We focus on defining, investigating, anticipating and ultimately mitigating risk in all its forms. We apply our grasp of brand law by overseeing, maintaining and ensuring correct, consistent and authorized use of Target’s signature Bullseye logo, assets and other trademarked material. We help protect Target and its subsidiaries by applying our comprehensive understanding and interpretation of the laws that govern our stores, distribution centers and corporate locations. Here, you’ll enjoy working autonomously with a healthy work-life balance. Your passion for learning the business and building relationships with the senior leaders and key business partners that you support will be key to tackling the ever-changing legal challenges we face in a dynamic and fast-paced retail landscape. From brand and patent law to contract development and negotiations, you’ll be challenged and gratified by a role with Target Legal Affairs.
A role within Vendor Risk Management (VRM) means you will manage third-party risk to Target through maintaining risk-based requirements for vendors that work on behalf of Target. You will oversee each phase of the vendor lifecycle including risk escalation, remediation and vendor monitoring.
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
Enterprise Mission Critical (EMC) Vendor Program Management
- Partner with VRM Intake and business leaders to determine EMC program applicability
- Lead EMC Risk Program Owner (RPO) teams in both the onboarding and termination of EMC vendors
- EMC program management including communication to business leaders and partners, preparing for annual reviews sessions, preparing board materials, and vendor top-to-top materials
- Partner in the development of ongoing monitoring activities for EMC vendors
Business Critical Vendor Program
- Develop the VRM point of view on Business Critical (BC) vendors and develop a program with critical business partners.
- Assist with BC program development in partnership with the Supplier Management team as well as critical business partners across the organization
- Help determine BC program applicability
- Support BC program management including communication to business leaders and partners, preparing for annual reviews sessions and vendor top-to-top materials
- Develop processes and best practice for ongoing monitoring.
Program Control Management:
- Accountable to prepare for and facilitate a weekly cross functional working group
- Document decisions
- Follow up with business leaders to determine VRM program applicability
- Partner with Accounts Payable regarding vendor set-up issues as needed
- Acts as a control for the Vendor Risk Management program
- Contribute to a cross functional team to develop the Vendor Engagements functionality within eGRC
- Develop processes for VRM and contribute to process development for RPO teams
- Process ownership
- Develop and manage team and business facing content on WIKI and SharePoint including process documentation
- Special Project lead as applicable
- Critical VRM Operations process backup (Intake, Due Diligence, Monitoring, Termination)
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of project management
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Familiar with Archer/eGRC, SAP, VMM, Ariba, and Domo
- Able to work on multiple priorities concurrently in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to achieve continuous improvements by introducing methods and processes, challenging current processes to drive business objectives
- Strong analytical, problem solving, facilitation and project management skills
- Experienced in collaborating across departments/pyramids/vendor teams and driving results through collaboration
- High level of initiative and organization, with the ability to be resilient, adaptable, manage ambiguity, uncertainty and changing directions
- Works independently with limited direction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- CRVPM I, II and III or other 3rd Party Risk Management Certification desired
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture