Strategic Sourcing Contracts LeadApply Now Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542; job id: R0000184513
job family: Purchasing & Procurement
schedule: Full time
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive and beloved retail brand, the Procurement team works across the business to maximize every resource, asset and relationship. We use good data, in-depth analysis and cross-functional insights to identify and communicate best practices, elevating our sourcing and procurement activities to achieve their very highest potential.
A role with Procurement is a chance to positively impact several key areas of Target’s business. Your input will ensure that Target realizes the expected value from the terms of our agreements that comprise nearly a $10 billion annual spend toward innovative and competitively priced goods and services by:
- Promoting best practices across the entire company by developing deep knowledge and client relationships in each spend category
- Providing expert integrated business planning and stakeholder management for all indirect items and services
- Applying intelligent rate, demand and specification levers to source, negotiate and contract services while sustainably lowering costs
- Propelling the business with accurate and comprehensive demand forecasting, financial planning and item setup
- Changing the game for our internal online catalog end users by making the entire buying process faster and simpler
- Helping us cultivate Target’s partnerships with diverse, community-minded suppliers who are committed to economic development and job growth
In the role of Strategic Sourcing Contracts Lead, you will support Target’s indirect procurement organization in contract negotiations with Target’s indirect (non-retail) vendors. Contract negotiations involve multiple contract types, including non-disclosure agreements, goods and services agreements, consulting agreements, and technology agreements (including hardware agreements, software licensing agreements, and software-as-a service (SaaS) agreements). You will act as a liaison to Target’s law department and other enterprise teams and will play an integral role in achieving successful contract negotiations in a timely manner while balancing between contract risks and business goals.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and provide written and in-person contracts training and self-help tools
- Ensure contract templates and resources are up to date in contract management systems
- Develop and implement best practices for contract management and administration in compliance with applicable policies, and influence those policies as appropriate
- Collaborate with other enterprise teams to ensure contracts contain appropriate terms and adhere to any compliance measures
- Negotiate with vendor representatives as appropriate
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree
- Admitted or eligible for admission to the Minnesota bar (preferred)
- At least 5 years of relevant experience negotiating and drafting agreements for a variety of transactions, including goods, services, and technology
- Ability to deliver clear and concise advice in a timely manner in accordance with applicable guidelines and policies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Independent, organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task on a large number of projects
- Ability to collaborate across departments to drive cross-functional alignment
- Experience with contract management systems and/or e-Procurement systems
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture